Blog: Get ready for PLM Bootcamp
Leonie Barrie | 5 October 2009
A recent report from Aberdeen Group showed that many executives still do not understand or believe in the value that Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) systems can provide to their businesses.
Well now there’s no excuse not to be fully up-to-date because Chad Jackson, vice president, product innovation and engineering at Aberdeen Group is one of the keynote speakers at the first PLM Bootcamp taking place later this week.
And best of all? You don’t even need to leave your desk to attend. The wonders of technology mean delegates can access all the presentations without having to travel out of town or traipse around exhibition halls.
PLM Bootcamp 09 is aimed at fashion and footwear firms, and consists of a series of webinars on Thursday and Friday (8 and 9 October).
Each day will start with a keynote speaker and be followed by a series of six 50-minute sessions. The day will end with a virtual networking event which follows a panel session with the day’s presenters. Virtual exhibitor booths offering whitepapers, demo videos and chat are available to attendees.
Sessions will be moderated and include individual PLM thought leaders as well as panels.
Included in the topics are a guide to a better PLM implementation; developing a PLM strategy; a technical assessment guide to selecting and purchasing a PLM solution; return on investment secrets; the art of PLM leadership; step by step dos and don’ts; managing your risk; and the tools available to connect systems, data, people and processes.
As well as Aberdeen Group’s Jackson, the keynote speakers include Denise Seegal, a global leader who has held CEO level positions with leading retail brands including Ralph Lauren, DKNY, Calvin Klein, Liz Claiborne, VF Corporation, Nautica and Sweetface Fashion Co’s JLO Brand.
The program is sponsored by analyst firm Technology Evaluation, PLM software company Zweave Inc, solutions consultancy TBC unlimited, and Vconference Online.
To register your interest in the event email: firstname.lastname@example.org
And for delegates that cannot make the event dates, the boot camp is also available on-demand, with access to all 14 sessions and keynote speeches at anytime, anywhere until 20 December 2009. The on-demand event can be accessed via www.plmbootcamp.com
Confirmation that digital supply chains are top of mind for apparel industry executives came last week with the latest plans from global sourcing specialist Li & Fung....
As a barometer of the issues top of mind for apparel sourcing executives, it is hard to beat the annual Prime Source Forum in Hong Kong. ...
Over the past month, Donald Trump and his team failed to offer any clear plan to ensure Americans would "Buy American, Hire American" - while the British government's attempts to clarify the specifics...
The Bangladesh government was forced to respond late last week to pressure over its crackdown on labour activists after a number of global brands and retailers, including H&M and Inditex announced pla...
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts