Blog: Get ready for PLM Bootcamp
Leonie Barrie | 5 October 2009
A recent report from Aberdeen Group showed that many executives still do not understand or believe in the value that Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) systems can provide to their businesses.
Well now there’s no excuse not to be fully up-to-date because Chad Jackson, vice president, product innovation and engineering at Aberdeen Group is one of the keynote speakers at the first PLM Bootcamp taking place later this week.
And best of all? You don’t even need to leave your desk to attend. The wonders of technology mean delegates can access all the presentations without having to travel out of town or traipse around exhibition halls.
PLM Bootcamp 09 is aimed at fashion and footwear firms, and consists of a series of webinars on Thursday and Friday (8 and 9 October).
Each day will start with a keynote speaker and be followed by a series of six 50-minute sessions. The day will end with a virtual networking event which follows a panel session with the day’s presenters. Virtual exhibitor booths offering whitepapers, demo videos and chat are available to attendees.
Sessions will be moderated and include individual PLM thought leaders as well as panels.
Included in the topics are a guide to a better PLM implementation; developing a PLM strategy; a technical assessment guide to selecting and purchasing a PLM solution; return on investment secrets; the art of PLM leadership; step by step dos and don’ts; managing your risk; and the tools available to connect systems, data, people and processes.
As well as Aberdeen Group’s Jackson, the keynote speakers include Denise Seegal, a global leader who has held CEO level positions with leading retail brands including Ralph Lauren, DKNY, Calvin Klein, Liz Claiborne, VF Corporation, Nautica and Sweetface Fashion Co’s JLO Brand.
The program is sponsored by analyst firm Technology Evaluation, PLM software company Zweave Inc, solutions consultancy TBC unlimited, and Vconference Online.
To register your interest in the event email: firstname.lastname@example.org
And for delegates that cannot make the event dates, the boot camp is also available on-demand, with access to all 14 sessions and keynote speeches at anytime, anywhere until 20 December 2009. The on-demand event can be accessed via www.plmbootcamp.com
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
Welcome back after the holiday break, and from the team here at just-style I’d like to wish all our readers a happy and prosperous New Year....
Apparel sourcing is a complex process built on a mix of location, logistics, lead-time, price, compliance, risk and reliability. And it's in a constant state of flux as retailers, brands and manufactu...
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- NRF 2017 – Technology key to shopper experience
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- JC Penney to roll out hundreds of Nike "shops"
- Patagonia launching circular economy platform
- Auditing "in need of reinvention" says new project
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022