Blog: Get ready for PLM Bootcamp
Leonie Barrie | 5 October 2009
A recent report from Aberdeen Group showed that many executives still do not understand or believe in the value that Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) systems can provide to their businesses.
Well now there’s no excuse not to be fully up-to-date because Chad Jackson, vice president, product innovation and engineering at Aberdeen Group is one of the keynote speakers at the first PLM Bootcamp taking place later this week.
And best of all? You don’t even need to leave your desk to attend. The wonders of technology mean delegates can access all the presentations without having to travel out of town or traipse around exhibition halls.
PLM Bootcamp 09 is aimed at fashion and footwear firms, and consists of a series of webinars on Thursday and Friday (8 and 9 October).
Each day will start with a keynote speaker and be followed by a series of six 50-minute sessions. The day will end with a virtual networking event which follows a panel session with the day’s presenters. Virtual exhibitor booths offering whitepapers, demo videos and chat are available to attendees.
Sessions will be moderated and include individual PLM thought leaders as well as panels.
Included in the topics are a guide to a better PLM implementation; developing a PLM strategy; a technical assessment guide to selecting and purchasing a PLM solution; return on investment secrets; the art of PLM leadership; step by step dos and don’ts; managing your risk; and the tools available to connect systems, data, people and processes.
As well as Aberdeen Group’s Jackson, the keynote speakers include Denise Seegal, a global leader who has held CEO level positions with leading retail brands including Ralph Lauren, DKNY, Calvin Klein, Liz Claiborne, VF Corporation, Nautica and Sweetface Fashion Co’s JLO Brand.
The program is sponsored by analyst firm Technology Evaluation, PLM software company Zweave Inc, solutions consultancy TBC unlimited, and Vconference Online.
To register your interest in the event email: firstname.lastname@example.org
And for delegates that cannot make the event dates, the boot camp is also available on-demand, with access to all 14 sessions and keynote speeches at anytime, anywhere until 20 December 2009. The on-demand event can be accessed via www.plmbootcamp.com
Over the past month, Donald Trump and his team failed to offer any clear plan to ensure Americans would "Buy American, Hire American" - while the British government's attempts to clarify the specifics...
The Bangladesh government was forced to respond late last week to pressure over its crackdown on labour activists after a number of global brands and retailers, including H&M and Inditex announced pla...
Fresh from their disappointment at seeing the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) free trade deal abandoned last month with an executive order by President Donald Trump, the US apparel and footwear sector...
With the ultimate aim of ensuring all the cotton in its products is sourced sustainably, value clothing retailer Primark is adamant that having a business model focused on offering the lowest prices o...
- Li & Fung eyes speed, innovation & digitalisation
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- 3D CAD comes of age
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Labour rights risk Bangladesh EU trade benefits?
- Apparel group Sae-A opens second school in Haiti
- US Q4 in brief – G-III Apparel, Finish Line
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack