Blog: Get ready for PLM Bootcamp
Leonie Barrie | 5 October 2009
A recent report from Aberdeen Group showed that many executives still do not understand or believe in the value that Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) systems can provide to their businesses.
Well now there’s no excuse not to be fully up-to-date because Chad Jackson, vice president, product innovation and engineering at Aberdeen Group is one of the keynote speakers at the first PLM Bootcamp taking place later this week.
And best of all? You don’t even need to leave your desk to attend. The wonders of technology mean delegates can access all the presentations without having to travel out of town or traipse around exhibition halls.
PLM Bootcamp 09 is aimed at fashion and footwear firms, and consists of a series of webinars on Thursday and Friday (8 and 9 October).
Each day will start with a keynote speaker and be followed by a series of six 50-minute sessions. The day will end with a virtual networking event which follows a panel session with the day’s presenters. Virtual exhibitor booths offering whitepapers, demo videos and chat are available to attendees.
Sessions will be moderated and include individual PLM thought leaders as well as panels.
Included in the topics are a guide to a better PLM implementation; developing a PLM strategy; a technical assessment guide to selecting and purchasing a PLM solution; return on investment secrets; the art of PLM leadership; step by step dos and don’ts; managing your risk; and the tools available to connect systems, data, people and processes.
As well as Aberdeen Group’s Jackson, the keynote speakers include Denise Seegal, a global leader who has held CEO level positions with leading retail brands including Ralph Lauren, DKNY, Calvin Klein, Liz Claiborne, VF Corporation, Nautica and Sweetface Fashion Co’s JLO Brand.
The program is sponsored by analyst firm Technology Evaluation, PLM software company Zweave Inc, solutions consultancy TBC unlimited, and Vconference Online.
To register your interest in the event email: email@example.com
And for delegates that cannot make the event dates, the boot camp is also available on-demand, with access to all 14 sessions and keynote speeches at anytime, anywhere until 20 December 2009. The on-demand event can be accessed via www.plmbootcamp.com
Increasing competition for garment sourcing contracts is seeing China not only being challenged by other countries in Asia, but by sub-Saharan African and even Russian suppliers too. And it is pushing...
The monthly minimum wage for workers in Cambodia's textile, garment and footwear sector is set to rise to $153 from January next year, following a vote on the issue last week. The increase marks a ris...
The results of two highly-anticipated initiatives in the sportswear sphere were revealed last week: the launch of Under Armour’s new UAS lifestyle brand and the first pair of running shoes created at ...
The recent bankruptcy of South Korea's Hanjin Shipping, the world's seventh-largest container shipper, at the end of August, has left billions of dollars worth of merchandise in limbo, leaving the fal...
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020