Blog: Getaway shoes
Leonie Barrie | 28 June 2007
Hot on the heels of its blistering results yesterday, here’s another accolade that sports giant Nike might not be so proud of: its trainers are the footwear of choice for British criminals.
A new Footwear Intelligence Technology system used by British police shows Nike shoes account for six of the top ten shoeprints left at crime scenes – with the Air Max 95 topping the list. The second most popular getaway shoe is the Reebok Classic (Leather), followed by the Nike Air Max Limited in third place. Displaying insightful detecting skills, a police source told The Mirror newspaper: “Criminals overwhelmingly use trainers, probably because they allow them to run fast.”
Maybe the results also go some way to accounting for Nike’s 12% rise in fourth-quarter sales in Europe and the Middle East?
Confirmation that digital supply chains are top of mind for apparel industry executives came last week with the latest plans from global sourcing specialist Li & Fung....
As a barometer of the issues top of mind for apparel sourcing executives, it is hard to beat the annual Prime Source Forum in Hong Kong. ...
Over the past month, Donald Trump and his team failed to offer any clear plan to ensure Americans would "Buy American, Hire American" - while the British government's attempts to clarify the specifics...
The Bangladesh government was forced to respond late last week to pressure over its crackdown on labour activists after a number of global brands and retailers, including H&M and Inditex announced pla...
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- US Q1 in brief – Steve Madden, Skechers
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts