Blog: Getaway shoes
Leonie Barrie | 28 June 2007
Hot on the heels of its blistering results yesterday, here’s another accolade that sports giant Nike might not be so proud of: its trainers are the footwear of choice for British criminals.
A new Footwear Intelligence Technology system used by British police shows Nike shoes account for six of the top ten shoeprints left at crime scenes – with the Air Max 95 topping the list. The second most popular getaway shoe is the Reebok Classic (Leather), followed by the Nike Air Max Limited in third place. Displaying insightful detecting skills, a police source told The Mirror newspaper: “Criminals overwhelmingly use trainers, probably because they allow them to run fast.”
Maybe the results also go some way to accounting for Nike’s 12% rise in fourth-quarter sales in Europe and the Middle East?
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
Welcome back after the holiday break, and from the team here at just-style I’d like to wish all our readers a happy and prosperous New Year....
Apparel sourcing is a complex process built on a mix of location, logistics, lead-time, price, compliance, risk and reliability. And it's in a constant state of flux as retailers, brands and manufactu...
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- NRF 2017 – Retail tech launches and developments
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- JC Penney to roll out hundreds of Nike "shops"
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022