Blog: Goodbye from your news editor
Joe Ayling | 27 June 2011
Having contributed to just-style for nearly six years it remains a true pleasure to observe and report on the fashion industry.
However, a slight change of path means that this week I will be trading Aroq headquarters for Optician magazine in London.
There have been many highlights, and I have thoroughly enjoyed meeting the global just-style community at various gatherings.
Prime Source Forum in Hong Kong, IAF Convention and Sri Lanka Design Festival have all become vital parts of the just-style calender, and a great chance to meet our readers. Long may this continue.
While all these events will stick in the mind, one incident in particular seems to live on in the just-style office, for obvious reasons.
And so here I am, grinning like a Cheshire cat at Harrogate Lingerie & Swimwear Exhibition having met supermodel Caprice.
In the meantime, I leave you in the very dependable hands of my editor Leonie, and hope the next news editor of just-style enjoys their tenure as much as I have.
Moving across to optics means I'm not completely deserting the fashion world, so please 'keep an eye out' for me in the future.
Over the past month, Donald Trump and his team failed to offer any clear plan to ensure Americans would "Buy American, Hire American" - while the British government's attempts to clarify the specifics...
The Bangladesh government was forced to respond late last week to pressure over its crackdown on labour activists after a number of global brands and retailers, including H&M and Inditex announced pla...
Fresh from their disappointment at seeing the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) free trade deal abandoned last month with an executive order by President Donald Trump, the US apparel and footwear sector...
With the ultimate aim of ensuring all the cotton in its products is sourced sustainably, value clothing retailer Primark is adamant that having a business model focused on offering the lowest prices o...
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- 3D CAD comes of age
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Levi Strauss and ILO probe Cambodia factory death
- US Q4 in brief – G-III Apparel, Finish Line
- Labour rights risk Bangladesh EU trade benefits?
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack