Blog: Goodbye from your news editor
Joe Ayling | 27 June 2011
Having contributed to just-style for nearly six years it remains a true pleasure to observe and report on the fashion industry.
However, a slight change of path means that this week I will be trading Aroq headquarters for Optician magazine in London.
There have been many highlights, and I have thoroughly enjoyed meeting the global just-style community at various gatherings.
Prime Source Forum in Hong Kong, IAF Convention and Sri Lanka Design Festival have all become vital parts of the just-style calender, and a great chance to meet our readers. Long may this continue.
While all these events will stick in the mind, one incident in particular seems to live on in the just-style office, for obvious reasons.
And so here I am, grinning like a Cheshire cat at Harrogate Lingerie & Swimwear Exhibition having met supermodel Caprice.
In the meantime, I leave you in the very dependable hands of my editor Leonie, and hope the next news editor of just-style enjoys their tenure as much as I have.
Moving across to optics means I'm not completely deserting the fashion world, so please 'keep an eye out' for me in the future.
Fresh from their disappointment at seeing the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) free trade deal abandoned last month with an executive order by President Donald Trump, the US apparel and footwear sector...
With the ultimate aim of ensuring all the cotton in its products is sourced sustainably, value clothing retailer Primark is adamant that having a business model focused on offering the lowest prices o...
Last week we marked the inauguration of Donald Trump as the 45th president of the United States by taking a closer look at what's at stake for the textile and apparel trade – especially his promises t...
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- US Q4 in brief – Chico's FAS, TJX Companies
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar