Blog: Goodbye from your news editor
Joe Ayling | 27 June 2011
Having contributed to just-style for nearly six years it remains a true pleasure to observe and report on the fashion industry.
However, a slight change of path means that this week I will be trading Aroq headquarters for Optician magazine in London.
There have been many highlights, and I have thoroughly enjoyed meeting the global just-style community at various gatherings.
Prime Source Forum in Hong Kong, IAF Convention and Sri Lanka Design Festival have all become vital parts of the just-style calender, and a great chance to meet our readers. Long may this continue.
While all these events will stick in the mind, one incident in particular seems to live on in the just-style office, for obvious reasons.
And so here I am, grinning like a Cheshire cat at Harrogate Lingerie & Swimwear Exhibition having met supermodel Caprice.
In the meantime, I leave you in the very dependable hands of my editor Leonie, and hope the next news editor of just-style enjoys their tenure as much as I have.
Moving across to optics means I'm not completely deserting the fashion world, so please 'keep an eye out' for me in the future.
Fashion retailer H&M and UK based glove and leather manufacturer Pittards both say they are monitoring the situation in Ethiopia closely after the country's government declared a state of emergency af...
Increasing competition for garment sourcing contracts is seeing China not only being challenged by other countries in Asia, but by sub-Saharan African and even Russian suppliers too. And it is pushing...
The monthly minimum wage for workers in Cambodia's textile, garment and footwear sector is set to rise to $153 from January next year, following a vote on the issue last week. The increase marks a ris...
The results of two highly-anticipated initiatives in the sportswear sphere were revealed last week: the launch of Under Armour’s new UAS lifestyle brand and the first pair of running shoes created at ...
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Hong Kong's Winds Group to open Haiti factory
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report