Blog: Hanesbrands: what’s closing and where
Leonie Barrie | 25 September 2008
Hanesbrands yesterday said it plans to close nine plants and cut 8,100 jobs in a restructuring move. Here is a closer look at the changes it is making on a country by country basis:
El Salvador: closing the Pedregal sewing plant near San Salvador with 2,600 employees.
Costa Rica: closing the Industria Textileras sewing plant in Cartago, near San Jose, with 1,250 employees.
Honduras: closing th intimate apparel sewing plant in Choloma, near San Pedro Sula, with 1,250 employees.
US: closing the knit-fabric textile plant in Forest City, NC with 470 employees; the yarn plant in Gastonia, NC with 140 employees; the sheer hosiery inventory warehouse in Rockingham, NC with 15 employees; and the yarn plant in Eden, NC with 120 employees.
Mexico: closing San Pedro, Coahuila, sewing plant with 1,650 employees.
US: closing knit-fabric textile plant in Eden, North Carolina with 600 employees.
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
Welcome back after the holiday break, and from the team here at just-style I’d like to wish all our readers a happy and prosperous New Year....
Apparel sourcing is a complex process built on a mix of location, logistics, lead-time, price, compliance, risk and reliability. And it's in a constant state of flux as retailers, brands and manufactu...
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective