Blog: Hanesbrands: what’s closing and where
Leonie Barrie | 25 September 2008
Hanesbrands yesterday said it plans to close nine plants and cut 8,100 jobs in a restructuring move. Here is a closer look at the changes it is making on a country by country basis:
El Salvador: closing the Pedregal sewing plant near San Salvador with 2,600 employees.
Costa Rica: closing the Industria Textileras sewing plant in Cartago, near San Jose, with 1,250 employees.
Honduras: closing th intimate apparel sewing plant in Choloma, near San Pedro Sula, with 1,250 employees.
US: closing the knit-fabric textile plant in Forest City, NC with 470 employees; the yarn plant in Gastonia, NC with 140 employees; the sheer hosiery inventory warehouse in Rockingham, NC with 15 employees; and the yarn plant in Eden, NC with 120 employees.
Mexico: closing San Pedro, Coahuila, sewing plant with 1,650 employees.
US: closing knit-fabric textile plant in Eden, North Carolina with 600 employees.
Increasing competition for garment sourcing contracts is seeing China not only being challenged by other countries in Asia, but by sub-Saharan African and even Russian suppliers too. And it is pushing...
The monthly minimum wage for workers in Cambodia's textile, garment and footwear sector is set to rise to $153 from January next year, following a vote on the issue last week. The increase marks a ris...
The results of two highly-anticipated initiatives in the sportswear sphere were revealed last week: the launch of Under Armour’s new UAS lifestyle brand and the first pair of running shoes created at ...
The recent bankruptcy of South Korea's Hanjin Shipping, the world's seventh-largest container shipper, at the end of August, has left billions of dollars worth of merchandise in limbo, leaving the fal...
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020