Blog: Hanesbrands: what’s closing and where
Leonie Barrie | 25 September 2008
Hanesbrands yesterday said it plans to close nine plants and cut 8,100 jobs in a restructuring move. Here is a closer look at the changes it is making on a country by country basis:
El Salvador: closing the Pedregal sewing plant near San Salvador with 2,600 employees.
Costa Rica: closing the Industria Textileras sewing plant in Cartago, near San Jose, with 1,250 employees.
Honduras: closing th intimate apparel sewing plant in Choloma, near San Pedro Sula, with 1,250 employees.
US: closing the knit-fabric textile plant in Forest City, NC with 470 employees; the yarn plant in Gastonia, NC with 140 employees; the sheer hosiery inventory warehouse in Rockingham, NC with 15 employees; and the yarn plant in Eden, NC with 120 employees.
Mexico: closing San Pedro, Coahuila, sewing plant with 1,650 employees.
US: closing knit-fabric textile plant in Eden, North Carolina with 600 employees.
Confirmation that digital supply chains are top of mind for apparel industry executives came last week with the latest plans from global sourcing specialist Li & Fung....
As a barometer of the issues top of mind for apparel sourcing executives, it is hard to beat the annual Prime Source Forum in Hong Kong. ...
Over the past month, Donald Trump and his team failed to offer any clear plan to ensure Americans would "Buy American, Hire American" - while the British government's attempts to clarify the specifics...
The Bangladesh government was forced to respond late last week to pressure over its crackdown on labour activists after a number of global brands and retailers, including H&M and Inditex announced pla...
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar