Blog: Happy Birthday Basset
Joe Ayling | 19 February 2008
This year marks the 50th birthday of footwear brand Hush Puppies and its Basset Hound icon.
When I attended the Moda exhibition at the NEC Birmingham on Monday (19 February) the company was celebrating in style - with a substantial stand visible from every corner of the footwear hall.
Upon visiting the stand I was immediately struck by the classy 50th Birthday Guest Designer Series brandished prominently by Hush Puppies, which has always been credited for comfort but now looks to be showing off some real class too.
The men's range were inspired by celebrity stylist Phillip Bloch, and the women's line by stylist Rachel Fanconi.
Fanconi even managed to incorporate 'wolverine suede' into her heeled women's shoes, and Hush Puppies Europe marketing manager Julie Bradley was at hand to demonstrate the remarkable properties of this suede (see below).
In a true revelation to me, these shoes were able to deflect any liquid (including red wine) without leaving any trace - making them perfect material for a 'messy' night out.
By Joe Ayling, news editor.
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
Welcome back after the holiday break, and from the team here at just-style I’d like to wish all our readers a happy and prosperous New Year....
Apparel sourcing is a complex process built on a mix of location, logistics, lead-time, price, compliance, risk and reliability. And it's in a constant state of flux as retailers, brands and manufactu...
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- NRF 2017 – Technology key to shopper experience
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- JC Penney to roll out hundreds of Nike "shops"
- Patagonia launching circular economy platform
- Limited Stores files for bankruptcy protection
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022