Blog: Happy Birthday Basset
Joe Ayling | 19 February 2008
This year marks the 50th birthday of footwear brand Hush Puppies and its Basset Hound icon.
When I attended the Moda exhibition at the NEC Birmingham on Monday (19 February) the company was celebrating in style - with a substantial stand visible from every corner of the footwear hall.
Upon visiting the stand I was immediately struck by the classy 50th Birthday Guest Designer Series brandished prominently by Hush Puppies, which has always been credited for comfort but now looks to be showing off some real class too.
The men's range were inspired by celebrity stylist Phillip Bloch, and the women's line by stylist Rachel Fanconi.
Fanconi even managed to incorporate 'wolverine suede' into her heeled women's shoes, and Hush Puppies Europe marketing manager Julie Bradley was at hand to demonstrate the remarkable properties of this suede (see below).
In a true revelation to me, these shoes were able to deflect any liquid (including red wine) without leaving any trace - making them perfect material for a 'messy' night out.
By Joe Ayling, news editor.
Fashion retailer H&M and UK based glove and leather manufacturer Pittards both say they are monitoring the situation in Ethiopia closely after the country's government declared a state of emergency af...
Increasing competition for garment sourcing contracts is seeing China not only being challenged by other countries in Asia, but by sub-Saharan African and even Russian suppliers too. And it is pushing...
The monthly minimum wage for workers in Cambodia's textile, garment and footwear sector is set to rise to $153 from January next year, following a vote on the issue last week. The increase marks a ris...
The results of two highly-anticipated initiatives in the sportswear sphere were revealed last week: the launch of Under Armour’s new UAS lifestyle brand and the first pair of running shoes created at ...
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020