Blog: Happy Birthday Basset
Joe Ayling | 19 February 2008
This year marks the 50th birthday of footwear brand Hush Puppies and its Basset Hound icon.
When I attended the Moda exhibition at the NEC Birmingham on Monday (19 February) the company was celebrating in style - with a substantial stand visible from every corner of the footwear hall.
Upon visiting the stand I was immediately struck by the classy 50th Birthday Guest Designer Series brandished prominently by Hush Puppies, which has always been credited for comfort but now looks to be showing off some real class too.
The men's range were inspired by celebrity stylist Phillip Bloch, and the women's line by stylist Rachel Fanconi.
Fanconi even managed to incorporate 'wolverine suede' into her heeled women's shoes, and Hush Puppies Europe marketing manager Julie Bradley was at hand to demonstrate the remarkable properties of this suede (see below).
In a true revelation to me, these shoes were able to deflect any liquid (including red wine) without leaving any trace - making them perfect material for a 'messy' night out.
By Joe Ayling, news editor.
Confirmation that digital supply chains are top of mind for apparel industry executives came last week with the latest plans from global sourcing specialist Li & Fung....
As a barometer of the issues top of mind for apparel sourcing executives, it is hard to beat the annual Prime Source Forum in Hong Kong. ...
Over the past month, Donald Trump and his team failed to offer any clear plan to ensure Americans would "Buy American, Hire American" - while the British government's attempts to clarify the specifics...
The Bangladesh government was forced to respond late last week to pressure over its crackdown on labour activists after a number of global brands and retailers, including H&M and Inditex announced pla...
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report