Blog: Happy Holidays!
Leonie Barrie | 23 December 2003
The end of a year is always a time for reflection, a convenient point at which to assess the past 12 months and, of course, to look forward to key events looming on the horizon. It's fair to say that 2003 has been a time of immense change, from the devastating impact of SARS through to shut-downs, bankruptcies, relocations and rampant protectionism. And of course we're accelerating towards the end of quotas in 2005, a topic that has been at the top of the agenda for the past couple of years and threatens to reach fever pitch in 2004. As always, just-style will be here to provide the latest news on events as they unfold and a forum for the industry to vent its views. But until then both myself and the rest of the team will be taking a well-earned break. Our offices will be shut from from 24 December to 5 January inclusive, and until then we'd all like to take this opportunity to thank you for your support in 2003 and to wish all our readers a Happy Holiday!
Fashion retailer H&M and UK based glove and leather manufacturer Pittards both say they are monitoring the situation in Ethiopia closely after the country's government declared a state of emergency af...
Increasing competition for garment sourcing contracts is seeing China not only being challenged by other countries in Asia, but by sub-Saharan African and even Russian suppliers too. And it is pushing...
The monthly minimum wage for workers in Cambodia's textile, garment and footwear sector is set to rise to $153 from January next year, following a vote on the issue last week. The increase marks a ris...
The results of two highly-anticipated initiatives in the sportswear sphere were revealed last week: the launch of Under Armour’s new UAS lifestyle brand and the first pair of running shoes created at ...
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020