Blog: Happy Holidays!
Leonie Barrie | 23 December 2003
The end of a year is always a time for reflection, a convenient point at which to assess the past 12 months and, of course, to look forward to key events looming on the horizon. It's fair to say that 2003 has been a time of immense change, from the devastating impact of SARS through to shut-downs, bankruptcies, relocations and rampant protectionism. And of course we're accelerating towards the end of quotas in 2005, a topic that has been at the top of the agenda for the past couple of years and threatens to reach fever pitch in 2004. As always, just-style will be here to provide the latest news on events as they unfold and a forum for the industry to vent its views. But until then both myself and the rest of the team will be taking a well-earned break. Our offices will be shut from from 24 December to 5 January inclusive, and until then we'd all like to take this opportunity to thank you for your support in 2003 and to wish all our readers a Happy Holiday!
Confirmation that digital supply chains are top of mind for apparel industry executives came last week with the latest plans from global sourcing specialist Li & Fung....
As a barometer of the issues top of mind for apparel sourcing executives, it is hard to beat the annual Prime Source Forum in Hong Kong. ...
Over the past month, Donald Trump and his team failed to offer any clear plan to ensure Americans would "Buy American, Hire American" - while the British government's attempts to clarify the specifics...
The Bangladesh government was forced to respond late last week to pressure over its crackdown on labour activists after a number of global brands and retailers, including H&M and Inditex announced pla...
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar