Blog: Happy New Year from just-style
Joe Ayling | 2 January 2008
It will soon be time to take down the Christmas tree and put our New Year's resolutions to the test.
There's also the matter of returning any unwanted or wrongly sized presents of course...
During my Christmas break I decided to brave the crowds and do a little sales shopping, and was pleasantly surprised because none of the stores I headed for, including H&M, JJB, Topman, River Island, Selfridges (the list goes on), were overly crowded the day after Boxing Day.
Indeed, besides insane 5am openings and the odd scrap over a discounted blouse, the whole nature of what was once called 'the January sales' in the UK has changed, with discounts beginning before Christmas and calming down for the New Year.
Here at just-style we are refreshed for the New Year, and wish all our readers a successful and enjoyable 2008.
Joe Ayling, news editor
Some of just-style’s more eagle-eyed readers might have noticed a small change to the menu bar on the homepage: the addition of the word re:source. Yes it might be a small change – but it marks the co...
Over the past week just-style has continued to try to unravel the potential ramifications of Donald Trump’s election as the next president of the United States....
One event dominated the international airwaves last week, and on just-style too we took a closer look at the surprise election of Donald Trump as the 45th president of the United States....
As the Brexit roller-coaster continues to twist and turn, and the US presidential election campaign nears its unpredictable and possibly protectionist end, there's no doubt these events – and the perc...
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Genesco, G-III Apparel, Express
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- EU urged to adopt roadmap for Sri Lanka GSP+ bid
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack