Blog: Happy New Year from just-style
Joe Ayling | 2 January 2008
It will soon be time to take down the Christmas tree and put our New Year's resolutions to the test.
There's also the matter of returning any unwanted or wrongly sized presents of course...
During my Christmas break I decided to brave the crowds and do a little sales shopping, and was pleasantly surprised because none of the stores I headed for, including H&M, JJB, Topman, River Island, Selfridges (the list goes on), were overly crowded the day after Boxing Day.
Indeed, besides insane 5am openings and the odd scrap over a discounted blouse, the whole nature of what was once called 'the January sales' in the UK has changed, with discounts beginning before Christmas and calming down for the New Year.
Here at just-style we are refreshed for the New Year, and wish all our readers a successful and enjoyable 2008.
Joe Ayling, news editor
Confirmation that digital supply chains are top of mind for apparel industry executives came last week with the latest plans from global sourcing specialist Li & Fung....
As a barometer of the issues top of mind for apparel sourcing executives, it is hard to beat the annual Prime Source Forum in Hong Kong. ...
Over the past month, Donald Trump and his team failed to offer any clear plan to ensure Americans would "Buy American, Hire American" - while the British government's attempts to clarify the specifics...
The Bangladesh government was forced to respond late last week to pressure over its crackdown on labour activists after a number of global brands and retailers, including H&M and Inditex announced pla...
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective