Blog: Happy New Year from just-style
Joe Ayling | 2 January 2008
It will soon be time to take down the Christmas tree and put our New Year's resolutions to the test.
There's also the matter of returning any unwanted or wrongly sized presents of course...
During my Christmas break I decided to brave the crowds and do a little sales shopping, and was pleasantly surprised because none of the stores I headed for, including H&M, JJB, Topman, River Island, Selfridges (the list goes on), were overly crowded the day after Boxing Day.
Indeed, besides insane 5am openings and the odd scrap over a discounted blouse, the whole nature of what was once called 'the January sales' in the UK has changed, with discounts beginning before Christmas and calming down for the New Year.
Here at just-style we are refreshed for the New Year, and wish all our readers a successful and enjoyable 2008.
Joe Ayling, news editor
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
Welcome back after the holiday break, and from the team here at just-style I’d like to wish all our readers a happy and prosperous New Year....
Apparel sourcing is a complex process built on a mix of location, logistics, lead-time, price, compliance, risk and reliability. And it's in a constant state of flux as retailers, brands and manufactu...
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- Outlook 2017 – Challenges and opportunities
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- JC Penney to roll out hundreds of Nike "shops"
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022