Blog: Harris Tweed wins two Fashion & Textile awards
Katie Smith | 28 May 2013
Harris Tweed Hebrides was awarded textile business of the year and let's make it here UK manufacturer of the year
Harris Tweed Hebrides won two awards at this year's UK Fashion and Textile awards. The Scottish textile manufacturer, which accounts for around 90% of Harris Tweed production, was awarded textile business of the year and let's make it here UK manufacturer of the year.
Meanwhile, Nadja Swarovski collected the outstanding achievement award for her contribution to the fashion industry. Brand of the year was awarded to fashion retailer Ted Baker, while Abraham Moon won supplier of the year and Cambridge Satchel Company collected the exporter of the year award.
Christopher Raeburn won designer business of the year and Tatty Devine collected accessories business of the year award. Liberty London collected the Torque UKFT retailer of the year and the Hotel Indigo UKFT rise newcomer was presented to luxury label Emma J Shipley.
In addition, Fearne Cotton won the OK Magazine! UKFT best celebrity & design collaboration for her range with very.co.uk.
Fresh from their disappointment at seeing the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) free trade deal abandoned last month with an executive order by President Donald Trump, the US apparel and footwear sector...
With the ultimate aim of ensuring all the cotton in its products is sourced sustainably, value clothing retailer Primark is adamant that having a business model focused on offering the lowest prices o...
Last week we marked the inauguration of Donald Trump as the 45th president of the United States by taking a closer look at what's at stake for the textile and apparel trade – especially his promises t...
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- US Q4 in brief – Dillard's, Macy's, Walmart
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar