Blog: Harris Tweed wins two Fashion & Textile awards
Katie Smith | 28 May 2013
Harris Tweed Hebrides was awarded textile business of the year and let's make it here UK manufacturer of the year
Harris Tweed Hebrides won two awards at this year's UK Fashion and Textile awards. The Scottish textile manufacturer, which accounts for around 90% of Harris Tweed production, was awarded textile business of the year and let's make it here UK manufacturer of the year.
Meanwhile, Nadja Swarovski collected the outstanding achievement award for her contribution to the fashion industry. Brand of the year was awarded to fashion retailer Ted Baker, while Abraham Moon won supplier of the year and Cambridge Satchel Company collected the exporter of the year award.
Christopher Raeburn won designer business of the year and Tatty Devine collected accessories business of the year award. Liberty London collected the Torque UKFT retailer of the year and the Hotel Indigo UKFT rise newcomer was presented to luxury label Emma J Shipley.
In addition, Fearne Cotton won the OK Magazine! UKFT best celebrity & design collaboration for her range with very.co.uk.
Some of just-style’s more eagle-eyed readers might have noticed a small change to the menu bar on the homepage: the addition of the word re:source. Yes it might be a small change – but it marks the co...
Over the past week just-style has continued to try to unravel the potential ramifications of Donald Trump’s election as the next president of the United States....
One event dominated the international airwaves last week, and on just-style too we took a closer look at the surprise election of Donald Trump as the 45th president of the United States....
As the Brexit roller-coaster continues to twist and turn, and the US presidential election campaign nears its unpredictable and possibly protectionist end, there's no doubt these events – and the perc...
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack