Blog: Harris Tweed wins two Fashion & Textile awards
Katie Smith | 28 May 2013
Harris Tweed Hebrides was awarded textile business of the year and let's make it here UK manufacturer of the year
Harris Tweed Hebrides won two awards at this year's UK Fashion and Textile awards. The Scottish textile manufacturer, which accounts for around 90% of Harris Tweed production, was awarded textile business of the year and let's make it here UK manufacturer of the year.
Meanwhile, Nadja Swarovski collected the outstanding achievement award for her contribution to the fashion industry. Brand of the year was awarded to fashion retailer Ted Baker, while Abraham Moon won supplier of the year and Cambridge Satchel Company collected the exporter of the year award.
Christopher Raeburn won designer business of the year and Tatty Devine collected accessories business of the year award. Liberty London collected the Torque UKFT retailer of the year and the Hotel Indigo UKFT rise newcomer was presented to luxury label Emma J Shipley.
In addition, Fearne Cotton won the OK Magazine! UKFT best celebrity & design collaboration for her range with very.co.uk.
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
Welcome back after the holiday break, and from the team here at just-style I’d like to wish all our readers a happy and prosperous New Year....
Apparel sourcing is a complex process built on a mix of location, logistics, lead-time, price, compliance, risk and reliability. And it's in a constant state of flux as retailers, brands and manufactu...
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Outlook 2017 – What else is the industry watching?
- Outlook 2017 – Strategies for sourcing success
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- Outlook 2017 – Challenges and opportunities
- M&S quality focus finally lifts clothing sales
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Sri Lanka on track to regain EU GSP+ benefits
- 22 dos and dont's – When sourcing goes wrong
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar