Blog: Harris Tweed wins two Fashion & Textile awards
Katie Smith | 28 May 2013
Harris Tweed Hebrides was awarded textile business of the year and let's make it here UK manufacturer of the year
Harris Tweed Hebrides won two awards at this year's UK Fashion and Textile awards. The Scottish textile manufacturer, which accounts for around 90% of Harris Tweed production, was awarded textile business of the year and let's make it here UK manufacturer of the year.
Meanwhile, Nadja Swarovski collected the outstanding achievement award for her contribution to the fashion industry. Brand of the year was awarded to fashion retailer Ted Baker, while Abraham Moon won supplier of the year and Cambridge Satchel Company collected the exporter of the year award.
Christopher Raeburn won designer business of the year and Tatty Devine collected accessories business of the year award. Liberty London collected the Torque UKFT retailer of the year and the Hotel Indigo UKFT rise newcomer was presented to luxury label Emma J Shipley.
In addition, Fearne Cotton won the OK Magazine! UKFT best celebrity & design collaboration for her range with very.co.uk.
Confirmation that digital supply chains are top of mind for apparel industry executives came last week with the latest plans from global sourcing specialist Li & Fung....
As a barometer of the issues top of mind for apparel sourcing executives, it is hard to beat the annual Prime Source Forum in Hong Kong. ...
Over the past month, Donald Trump and his team failed to offer any clear plan to ensure Americans would "Buy American, Hire American" - while the British government's attempts to clarify the specifics...
The Bangladesh government was forced to respond late last week to pressure over its crackdown on labour activists after a number of global brands and retailers, including H&M and Inditex announced pla...
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts