Blog: Heading for Colombia
Leonie Barrie | 16 January 2004
I’m flying to Colombia on Sunday, my first ever visit to South America, and the excitement is just starting to take hold. It’ll be good to see some sunshine again in Medellín, the ‘City of Eternal Spring,’ but online weather reports vary from a wet and miserable 66˚ every day next week to a sunny 81˚! Not knowing what to believe I’ll just play it safe make sure I pack that good old British staple, the brolly. I have no idea what to expect when I get there; again reports vary from a fashionable, cosmopolitan city to one where hookers ply their trade at churches. Oh, and lots of warnings about white powder, although the only stimulant I’m looking forward to is some strong Colombian coffee! I’m already bowled over by the assistance I’ve received from just-style readers, and I can see it’ll be a struggle to fit everything in in the space of five or six days. Whenever I travel I’m always totally flabbergasted at the number of people who already know me and the site, and it’s a wonderful – but scary – feeling to have that kind of following.
Must go…packing to be done!
Fashion retailer H&M and UK based glove and leather manufacturer Pittards both say they are monitoring the situation in Ethiopia closely after the country's government declared a state of emergency af...
Increasing competition for garment sourcing contracts is seeing China not only being challenged by other countries in Asia, but by sub-Saharan African and even Russian suppliers too. And it is pushing...
The monthly minimum wage for workers in Cambodia's textile, garment and footwear sector is set to rise to $153 from January next year, following a vote on the issue last week. The increase marks a ris...
The results of two highly-anticipated initiatives in the sportswear sphere were revealed last week: the launch of Under Armour’s new UAS lifestyle brand and the first pair of running shoes created at ...
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Primark sourcing chief Gordon steps down
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020