Blog: Heelarius baby heels?
Leonie Barrie | 23 June 2008
Retailers ranging from Bhs to Asda to Tesco have all been criticised for selling “inappropriate” clothing for young girls, including padded bras and G-strings. But what, I wonder, do children’s charities make of the latest offering: high heeled shoes aimed at babies up to six months.
Heelarious, the American company behind the new line of hot pink, black and leopard print stilettos, say the $35 heels are just for show and will collapse if any weight is put on them.
The company’s name is perhaps the best giveaway that the line is intended as a joke – and a notice on its website warns: ‘May cause extreme smiling and hysterical laughter when in use.” But at a time when there are widespread concerns about the young age at which girls start to act and dress as adults, where do you draw the line I wonder?
Confirmation that digital supply chains are top of mind for apparel industry executives came last week with the latest plans from global sourcing specialist Li & Fung....
As a barometer of the issues top of mind for apparel sourcing executives, it is hard to beat the annual Prime Source Forum in Hong Kong. ...
Over the past month, Donald Trump and his team failed to offer any clear plan to ensure Americans would "Buy American, Hire American" - while the British government's attempts to clarify the specifics...
The Bangladesh government was forced to respond late last week to pressure over its crackdown on labour activists after a number of global brands and retailers, including H&M and Inditex announced pla...
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report