Blog: Here's a snapshot of 2010
Leonie Barrie | 11 February 2010
If 2009 was a year of struggle for the global clothing and textile industry, as manufacturers and retailers alike battled to cope with the depth and severity of the worldwide recession, then what lies ahead in 2010?
Sourcing winners and losers, trade agreements, customs reform, emerging retail trends and the outlook for retailers and consumers are just some of the topics discussed in the latest briefing from just-style.
Of course it’s not quite as clear-cut as that, but we’ve tapped into the latest thinking from industry experts who share their knowledge on moving the industry forward after a tough 2009.
To access the briefing in full, you need to be a full subscriber of just-style.com. But to whet your appetite, here’s an overview of some of the things to expect in 2010:
With the ultimate aim of ensuring all the cotton in its products is sourced sustainably, value clothing retailer Primark is adamant that having a business model focused on offering the lowest prices o...
Last week we marked the inauguration of Donald Trump as the 45th president of the United States by taking a closer look at what's at stake for the textile and apparel trade – especially his promises t...
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Does a hard Brexit mean hard times for UK fashion?
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Li & Fung dropped from Hang Seng Index
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar