Blog: Here's a snapshot of 2010
Leonie Barrie | 11 February 2010
If 2009 was a year of struggle for the global clothing and textile industry, as manufacturers and retailers alike battled to cope with the depth and severity of the worldwide recession, then what lies ahead in 2010?
Sourcing winners and losers, trade agreements, customs reform, emerging retail trends and the outlook for retailers and consumers are just some of the topics discussed in the latest briefing from just-style.
Of course it’s not quite as clear-cut as that, but we’ve tapped into the latest thinking from industry experts who share their knowledge on moving the industry forward after a tough 2009.
To access the briefing in full, you need to be a full subscriber of just-style.com. But to whet your appetite, here’s an overview of some of the things to expect in 2010:
Increasing competition for garment sourcing contracts is seeing China not only being challenged by other countries in Asia, but by sub-Saharan African and even Russian suppliers too. And it is pushing...
The monthly minimum wage for workers in Cambodia's textile, garment and footwear sector is set to rise to $153 from January next year, following a vote on the issue last week. The increase marks a ris...
The results of two highly-anticipated initiatives in the sportswear sphere were revealed last week: the launch of Under Armour’s new UAS lifestyle brand and the first pair of running shoes created at ...
The recent bankruptcy of South Korea's Hanjin Shipping, the world's seventh-largest container shipper, at the end of August, has left billions of dollars worth of merchandise in limbo, leaving the fal...
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020