Blog: Here's a snapshot of 2010
Leonie Barrie | 11 February 2010
If 2009 was a year of struggle for the global clothing and textile industry, as manufacturers and retailers alike battled to cope with the depth and severity of the worldwide recession, then what lies ahead in 2010?
Sourcing winners and losers, trade agreements, customs reform, emerging retail trends and the outlook for retailers and consumers are just some of the topics discussed in the latest briefing from just-style.
Of course it’s not quite as clear-cut as that, but we’ve tapped into the latest thinking from industry experts who share their knowledge on moving the industry forward after a tough 2009.
To access the briefing in full, you need to be a full subscriber of just-style.com. But to whet your appetite, here’s an overview of some of the things to expect in 2010:
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
Welcome back after the holiday break, and from the team here at just-style I’d like to wish all our readers a happy and prosperous New Year....
Apparel sourcing is a complex process built on a mix of location, logistics, lead-time, price, compliance, risk and reliability. And it's in a constant state of flux as retailers, brands and manufactu...
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016