Blog: Hi-Tech makes a splash with hydrophobic boot
Joe Ayling | 28 August 2008
UK footwear brand Hi-Tec has posted a demonstration video on Youtube to support launching the trademarked 'ion-mask' waterproof technology on its boots.
It is billing the technology, which renders footwear either Waterproof (WPi) or Hydrophobic (HPi), as a "quantum leap in hydro management nano-technology".
By the look of this video clip, they are not far wide of the mark either, although tests on a pair of shoes might be rather more compelling than the seamless material samples used here.
Hi-Tec is launching ion-mask this autumn in its V-Lite Altitude Ultra WPi walking boot before extending it to boots, shoes and sandals.
Ion-mask, created by technology firm P2i, chemically bonds water repellent molecules to the fibres of the footwear on a sub-microscopic (nano) scale.
The technology can be applied to leather, fabrics, metals, ceramics, glass, polymers and paper.
By Joe Ayling, news editor.
Fresh from their disappointment at seeing the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) free trade deal abandoned last month with an executive order by President Donald Trump, the US apparel and footwear sector...
With the ultimate aim of ensuring all the cotton in its products is sourced sustainably, value clothing retailer Primark is adamant that having a business model focused on offering the lowest prices o...
Last week we marked the inauguration of Donald Trump as the 45th president of the United States by taking a closer look at what's at stake for the textile and apparel trade – especially his promises t...
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- Wage abuses can’t be eliminated by software and PR
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Bangladesh government steps in on labour crackdown
- Adidas unveils "revolutionary" marathon shoe
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022