Blog: Hi-Tech makes a splash with hydrophobic boot
Joe Ayling | 28 August 2008
UK footwear brand Hi-Tec has posted a demonstration video on Youtube to support launching the trademarked 'ion-mask' waterproof technology on its boots.
It is billing the technology, which renders footwear either Waterproof (WPi) or Hydrophobic (HPi), as a "quantum leap in hydro management nano-technology".
By the look of this video clip, they are not far wide of the mark either, although tests on a pair of shoes might be rather more compelling than the seamless material samples used here.
Hi-Tec is launching ion-mask this autumn in its V-Lite Altitude Ultra WPi walking boot before extending it to boots, shoes and sandals.
Ion-mask, created by technology firm P2i, chemically bonds water repellent molecules to the fibres of the footwear on a sub-microscopic (nano) scale.
The technology can be applied to leather, fabrics, metals, ceramics, glass, polymers and paper.
By Joe Ayling, news editor.
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
Welcome back after the holiday break, and from the team here at just-style I’d like to wish all our readers a happy and prosperous New Year....
Apparel sourcing is a complex process built on a mix of location, logistics, lead-time, price, compliance, risk and reliability. And it's in a constant state of flux as retailers, brands and manufactu...
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016