Blog: Hi-Tech makes a splash with hydrophobic boot
Joe Ayling | 28 August 2008
UK footwear brand Hi-Tec has posted a demonstration video on Youtube to support launching the trademarked 'ion-mask' waterproof technology on its boots.
It is billing the technology, which renders footwear either Waterproof (WPi) or Hydrophobic (HPi), as a "quantum leap in hydro management nano-technology".
By the look of this video clip, they are not far wide of the mark either, although tests on a pair of shoes might be rather more compelling than the seamless material samples used here.
Hi-Tec is launching ion-mask this autumn in its V-Lite Altitude Ultra WPi walking boot before extending it to boots, shoes and sandals.
Ion-mask, created by technology firm P2i, chemically bonds water repellent molecules to the fibres of the footwear on a sub-microscopic (nano) scale.
The technology can be applied to leather, fabrics, metals, ceramics, glass, polymers and paper.
By Joe Ayling, news editor.
Increasing competition for garment sourcing contracts is seeing China not only being challenged by other countries in Asia, but by sub-Saharan African and even Russian suppliers too. And it is pushing...
The monthly minimum wage for workers in Cambodia's textile, garment and footwear sector is set to rise to $153 from January next year, following a vote on the issue last week. The increase marks a ris...
The results of two highly-anticipated initiatives in the sportswear sphere were revealed last week: the launch of Under Armour’s new UAS lifestyle brand and the first pair of running shoes created at ...
The recent bankruptcy of South Korea's Hanjin Shipping, the world's seventh-largest container shipper, at the end of August, has left billions of dollars worth of merchandise in limbo, leaving the fal...
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020