Blog: Hi-Tech makes a splash with hydrophobic boot
Joe Ayling | 28 August 2008
UK footwear brand Hi-Tec has posted a demonstration video on Youtube to support launching the trademarked 'ion-mask' waterproof technology on its boots.
It is billing the technology, which renders footwear either Waterproof (WPi) or Hydrophobic (HPi), as a "quantum leap in hydro management nano-technology".
By the look of this video clip, they are not far wide of the mark either, although tests on a pair of shoes might be rather more compelling than the seamless material samples used here.
Hi-Tec is launching ion-mask this autumn in its V-Lite Altitude Ultra WPi walking boot before extending it to boots, shoes and sandals.
Ion-mask, created by technology firm P2i, chemically bonds water repellent molecules to the fibres of the footwear on a sub-microscopic (nano) scale.
The technology can be applied to leather, fabrics, metals, ceramics, glass, polymers and paper.
By Joe Ayling, news editor.
Over the past month, Donald Trump and his team failed to offer any clear plan to ensure Americans would "Buy American, Hire American" - while the British government's attempts to clarify the specifics...
The Bangladesh government was forced to respond late last week to pressure over its crackdown on labour activists after a number of global brands and retailers, including H&M and Inditex announced pla...
Fresh from their disappointment at seeing the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) free trade deal abandoned last month with an executive order by President Donald Trump, the US apparel and footwear sector...
With the ultimate aim of ensuring all the cotton in its products is sourced sustainably, value clothing retailer Primark is adamant that having a business model focused on offering the lowest prices o...
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- 3D CAD comes of age
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Levi Strauss and ILO probe Cambodia factory death
- US Q4 in brief – G-III Apparel, Finish Line
- Labour rights risk Bangladesh EU trade benefits?
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack