Blog: Hi-Tech makes a splash with hydrophobic boot
Joe Ayling | 28 August 2008
UK footwear brand Hi-Tec has posted a demonstration video on Youtube to support launching the trademarked 'ion-mask' waterproof technology on its boots.
It is billing the technology, which renders footwear either Waterproof (WPi) or Hydrophobic (HPi), as a "quantum leap in hydro management nano-technology".
By the look of this video clip, they are not far wide of the mark either, although tests on a pair of shoes might be rather more compelling than the seamless material samples used here.
Hi-Tec is launching ion-mask this autumn in its V-Lite Altitude Ultra WPi walking boot before extending it to boots, shoes and sandals.
Ion-mask, created by technology firm P2i, chemically bonds water repellent molecules to the fibres of the footwear on a sub-microscopic (nano) scale.
The technology can be applied to leather, fabrics, metals, ceramics, glass, polymers and paper.
By Joe Ayling, news editor.
Confirmation that digital supply chains are top of mind for apparel industry executives came last week with the latest plans from global sourcing specialist Li & Fung....
As a barometer of the issues top of mind for apparel sourcing executives, it is hard to beat the annual Prime Source Forum in Hong Kong. ...
Over the past month, Donald Trump and his team failed to offer any clear plan to ensure Americans would "Buy American, Hire American" - while the British government's attempts to clarify the specifics...
The Bangladesh government was forced to respond late last week to pressure over its crackdown on labour activists after a number of global brands and retailers, including H&M and Inditex announced pla...
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts