Blog: Hi-Tech shows off magic trick
Joe Ayling | 28 August 2008
In response to a blog on Hi-Tech's new waterproof walking boots earlier today (28 August), the footwear maker has sent just-style another video clip.
New footage shows its V-Lite Altitude Ultra WPi, which uses trademark ion-mask technology, being fully submerged at the London Aquarium during a launch this week.
Water can then be seen beading off quickly, with the boot and surrounding fish coming out unscathed - so hats off.
Hi-Tech sent the new clip after just-style blogged that the old one merely demonstrated ion-mask's properties on material samples rather than the boots themselves.
But, as Hi-Tech keeps showing, it's all 'water off a duck's back' really.
By Joe Ayling, news editor.
Fresh from their disappointment at seeing the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) free trade deal abandoned last month with an executive order by President Donald Trump, the US apparel and footwear sector...
With the ultimate aim of ensuring all the cotton in its products is sourced sustainably, value clothing retailer Primark is adamant that having a business model focused on offering the lowest prices o...
Last week we marked the inauguration of Donald Trump as the 45th president of the United States by taking a closer look at what's at stake for the textile and apparel trade – especially his promises t...
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- Bangladesh government steps in on labour crackdown
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022