Blog: Hi-Tech shows off magic trick
Joe Ayling | 28 August 2008
In response to a blog on Hi-Tech's new waterproof walking boots earlier today (28 August), the footwear maker has sent just-style another video clip.
New footage shows its V-Lite Altitude Ultra WPi, which uses trademark ion-mask technology, being fully submerged at the London Aquarium during a launch this week.
Water can then be seen beading off quickly, with the boot and surrounding fish coming out unscathed - so hats off.
Hi-Tech sent the new clip after just-style blogged that the old one merely demonstrated ion-mask's properties on material samples rather than the boots themselves.
But, as Hi-Tech keeps showing, it's all 'water off a duck's back' really.
By Joe Ayling, news editor.
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
Welcome back after the holiday break, and from the team here at just-style I’d like to wish all our readers a happy and prosperous New Year....
Apparel sourcing is a complex process built on a mix of location, logistics, lead-time, price, compliance, risk and reliability. And it's in a constant state of flux as retailers, brands and manufactu...
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- NRF 2017 – Retail tech launches and developments
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- JC Penney to roll out hundreds of Nike "shops"
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022