Blog: High hopes as new M&S clothing ranges hit stores
Petah Marian | 24 July 2013
Tomorrow (25 July) is set to be a big day for Marks and Spencer as its eagerly- anticipated clothing collection begins to hit stores.
Much is riding on the new range, the first under the new general merchandise management team, which is working to turnaround the category after eight quarters of decline.
While shareholders have high hopes for the line, company management is keen to play down expectations that this one collection will turn around its fortunes in women's wear.
Speaking to journalists alongside the collection's launch in May, general merchandise manager John Dixon said the clothing business can be described as either a juggernaut or an oil tanker, and that improvement will come incrementally rather than all at once.
The collection will start to hit stores tomorrow, with a full launch and advertising push in September.
Some of just-style’s more eagle-eyed readers might have noticed a small change to the menu bar on the homepage: the addition of the word re:source. Yes it might be a small change – but it marks the co...
Over the past week just-style has continued to try to unravel the potential ramifications of Donald Trump’s election as the next president of the United States....
One event dominated the international airwaves last week, and on just-style too we took a closer look at the surprise election of Donald Trump as the 45th president of the United States....
As the Brexit roller-coaster continues to twist and turn, and the US presidential election campaign nears its unpredictable and possibly protectionist end, there's no doubt these events – and the perc...
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack