Blog: High hopes as new M&S clothing ranges hit stores
Petah Marian | 24 July 2013
Tomorrow (25 July) is set to be a big day for Marks and Spencer as its eagerly- anticipated clothing collection begins to hit stores.
Much is riding on the new range, the first under the new general merchandise management team, which is working to turnaround the category after eight quarters of decline.
While shareholders have high hopes for the line, company management is keen to play down expectations that this one collection will turn around its fortunes in women's wear.
Speaking to journalists alongside the collection's launch in May, general merchandise manager John Dixon said the clothing business can be described as either a juggernaut or an oil tanker, and that improvement will come incrementally rather than all at once.
The collection will start to hit stores tomorrow, with a full launch and advertising push in September.
Confirmation that digital supply chains are top of mind for apparel industry executives came last week with the latest plans from global sourcing specialist Li & Fung....
As a barometer of the issues top of mind for apparel sourcing executives, it is hard to beat the annual Prime Source Forum in Hong Kong. ...
Over the past month, Donald Trump and his team failed to offer any clear plan to ensure Americans would "Buy American, Hire American" - while the British government's attempts to clarify the specifics...
The Bangladesh government was forced to respond late last week to pressure over its crackdown on labour activists after a number of global brands and retailers, including H&M and Inditex announced pla...
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Investment continues in Ethiopia clothing sector
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Start-ups chosen to re-think fashion industry
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts