Blog: High street or high school?
Joe Ayling | 27 April 2010
As young fashion entrepreneurs go, 17-year-old Kira Plastinina is surely leading the way?
Plastinina, who appeared on last night's Channel Four documentary The World's Richest Teenager and Me is described as Russia's answer to Paris Hilton.
Backed by her father's riches, Plastinina runs her own fashion label - Style Studio - with around 80 stores in the country.
The teenage prodigy designs and models the collection herself, posing the question of when she finds time to be a kid?
However, high school romances, discos and other adolescent shenanigans were kept firmly under corporate wraps during the programme. Investigator Mark Dolan also faces a wall of stifling PR when he brings up the subject of money.
As a viewer last night, the excess PR presence around this potentially fascinating young lady was frustrating, and prevented Dolan getting to know the personality behind the brand.
Other, less guarded, rich teenagers on the show from the US, Dubai and Thailand were allowed to express themselves much more freely.
So Kira, if you're reading or following just-style on Twitter, just let them be yourself.
By Joe Ayling, news editor.
Some of just-style’s more eagle-eyed readers might have noticed a small change to the menu bar on the homepage: the addition of the word re:source. Yes it might be a small change – but it marks the co...
Over the past week just-style has continued to try to unravel the potential ramifications of Donald Trump’s election as the next president of the United States....
One event dominated the international airwaves last week, and on just-style too we took a closer look at the surprise election of Donald Trump as the 45th president of the United States....
As the Brexit roller-coaster continues to twist and turn, and the US presidential election campaign nears its unpredictable and possibly protectionist end, there's no doubt these events – and the perc...
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Tailored Brands, Genesco
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth