Blog: High street or high school?
Joe Ayling | 27 April 2010
As young fashion entrepreneurs go, 17-year-old Kira Plastinina is surely leading the way?
Plastinina, who appeared on last night's Channel Four documentary The World's Richest Teenager and Me is described as Russia's answer to Paris Hilton.
Backed by her father's riches, Plastinina runs her own fashion label - Style Studio - with around 80 stores in the country.
The teenage prodigy designs and models the collection herself, posing the question of when she finds time to be a kid?
However, high school romances, discos and other adolescent shenanigans were kept firmly under corporate wraps during the programme. Investigator Mark Dolan also faces a wall of stifling PR when he brings up the subject of money.
As a viewer last night, the excess PR presence around this potentially fascinating young lady was frustrating, and prevented Dolan getting to know the personality behind the brand.
Other, less guarded, rich teenagers on the show from the US, Dubai and Thailand were allowed to express themselves much more freely.
So Kira, if you're reading or following just-style on Twitter, just let them be yourself.
By Joe Ayling, news editor.
Fashion retailer H&M and UK based glove and leather manufacturer Pittards both say they are monitoring the situation in Ethiopia closely after the country's government declared a state of emergency af...
Increasing competition for garment sourcing contracts is seeing China not only being challenged by other countries in Asia, but by sub-Saharan African and even Russian suppliers too. And it is pushing...
The monthly minimum wage for workers in Cambodia's textile, garment and footwear sector is set to rise to $153 from January next year, following a vote on the issue last week. The increase marks a ris...
The results of two highly-anticipated initiatives in the sportswear sphere were revealed last week: the launch of Under Armour’s new UAS lifestyle brand and the first pair of running shoes created at ...
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Primark sourcing chief Gordon steps down
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022