Blog: Honeysuckle New Year
Leonie Barrie | 4 January 2011
Well we're finally back at our desks after what seems to have been a mammoth Christmas and New Year break, and contemplating what the next 12 months might have in store. First of the mark is honeysuckle - apparently it's the colour of the year for 2011 according to trend forecaster Pantone.
That's Pantone 18-2120 Honeysuckle, to be precise, whose "reddish-pink hue is a captivating, stimulating colour that gets the adrenaline going," the company says. Not only that, but did you know: "Honeysuckle emboldens us to face everyday troubles with verve and vigour. It elevates our psyche beyond escape, instilling the confidence, courage and spirit to meet the exhaustive challenges that have become part of everyday life."
Conveniently, we're also told it works well for day and night in women's apparel, accessories and cosmetics, and in men's ties, shirts and sportswear. And it could also be perfect at seeing off the blues; is it a coincidence that last year's colour was Turquoise?
In case earlier forecasts passed you by, here's a quick reminder of the colourful highlights of the last decade:
- Pantone 15-5519 Turquoise (2010)
- Pantone 14-0848 Mimosa (2009)
- Pantone 18-3943 Blue Iris (2008)
- Pantone 19-1557 Chili Pepper (2007)
- Pantone 13-1106 Sand Dollar (2006)
- Pantone 15-5217 Blue Turquoise (2005)
- Pantone 17-1456 Tigerlily (2004)
- Pantone 14-4811 Aqua Sky (2003)
- Pantone 19-1664 True Red (2002)
- Pantone 17-2031 Fuchsia Rose (2001)
- Pantone 15-4020 Cerulean (2000)
Happy - or should that be Honeysuckle? - New Year to you all.
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
Welcome back after the holiday break, and from the team here at just-style I’d like to wish all our readers a happy and prosperous New Year....
Apparel sourcing is a complex process built on a mix of location, logistics, lead-time, price, compliance, risk and reliability. And it's in a constant state of flux as retailers, brands and manufactu...
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- "Buy American, Hire American" to guide Trump trade
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- Patagonia launching circular economy platform
- Trump signs order to withdraw from TPP
- UK clothing factory workers paid half minimum wage
- Auditing "in need of reinvention" says new project
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022