Blog: Honeysuckle New Year
Leonie Barrie | 4 January 2011
Well we're finally back at our desks after what seems to have been a mammoth Christmas and New Year break, and contemplating what the next 12 months might have in store. First of the mark is honeysuckle - apparently it's the colour of the year for 2011 according to trend forecaster Pantone.
That's Pantone 18-2120 Honeysuckle, to be precise, whose "reddish-pink hue is a captivating, stimulating colour that gets the adrenaline going," the company says. Not only that, but did you know: "Honeysuckle emboldens us to face everyday troubles with verve and vigour. It elevates our psyche beyond escape, instilling the confidence, courage and spirit to meet the exhaustive challenges that have become part of everyday life."
Conveniently, we're also told it works well for day and night in women's apparel, accessories and cosmetics, and in men's ties, shirts and sportswear. And it could also be perfect at seeing off the blues; is it a coincidence that last year's colour was Turquoise?
In case earlier forecasts passed you by, here's a quick reminder of the colourful highlights of the last decade:
- Pantone 15-5519 Turquoise (2010)
- Pantone 14-0848 Mimosa (2009)
- Pantone 18-3943 Blue Iris (2008)
- Pantone 19-1557 Chili Pepper (2007)
- Pantone 13-1106 Sand Dollar (2006)
- Pantone 15-5217 Blue Turquoise (2005)
- Pantone 17-1456 Tigerlily (2004)
- Pantone 14-4811 Aqua Sky (2003)
- Pantone 19-1664 True Red (2002)
- Pantone 17-2031 Fuchsia Rose (2001)
- Pantone 15-4020 Cerulean (2000)
Happy - or should that be Honeysuckle? - New Year to you all.
Some of just-style’s more eagle-eyed readers might have noticed a small change to the menu bar on the homepage: the addition of the word re:source. Yes it might be a small change – but it marks the co...
Over the past week just-style has continued to try to unravel the potential ramifications of Donald Trump’s election as the next president of the United States....
One event dominated the international airwaves last week, and on just-style too we took a closer look at the surprise election of Donald Trump as the 45th president of the United States....
As the Brexit roller-coaster continues to twist and turn, and the US presidential election campaign nears its unpredictable and possibly protectionist end, there's no doubt these events – and the perc...
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack