Blog: Honeysuckle New Year
Leonie Barrie | 4 January 2011
Well we're finally back at our desks after what seems to have been a mammoth Christmas and New Year break, and contemplating what the next 12 months might have in store. First of the mark is honeysuckle - apparently it's the colour of the year for 2011 according to trend forecaster Pantone.
That's Pantone 18-2120 Honeysuckle, to be precise, whose "reddish-pink hue is a captivating, stimulating colour that gets the adrenaline going," the company says. Not only that, but did you know: "Honeysuckle emboldens us to face everyday troubles with verve and vigour. It elevates our psyche beyond escape, instilling the confidence, courage and spirit to meet the exhaustive challenges that have become part of everyday life."
Conveniently, we're also told it works well for day and night in women's apparel, accessories and cosmetics, and in men's ties, shirts and sportswear. And it could also be perfect at seeing off the blues; is it a coincidence that last year's colour was Turquoise?
In case earlier forecasts passed you by, here's a quick reminder of the colourful highlights of the last decade:
- Pantone 15-5519 Turquoise (2010)
- Pantone 14-0848 Mimosa (2009)
- Pantone 18-3943 Blue Iris (2008)
- Pantone 19-1557 Chili Pepper (2007)
- Pantone 13-1106 Sand Dollar (2006)
- Pantone 15-5217 Blue Turquoise (2005)
- Pantone 17-1456 Tigerlily (2004)
- Pantone 14-4811 Aqua Sky (2003)
- Pantone 19-1664 True Red (2002)
- Pantone 17-2031 Fuchsia Rose (2001)
- Pantone 15-4020 Cerulean (2000)
Happy - or should that be Honeysuckle? - New Year to you all.
Fashion retailer H&M and UK based glove and leather manufacturer Pittards both say they are monitoring the situation in Ethiopia closely after the country's government declared a state of emergency af...
Increasing competition for garment sourcing contracts is seeing China not only being challenged by other countries in Asia, but by sub-Saharan African and even Russian suppliers too. And it is pushing...
The monthly minimum wage for workers in Cambodia's textile, garment and footwear sector is set to rise to $153 from January next year, following a vote on the issue last week. The increase marks a ris...
The results of two highly-anticipated initiatives in the sportswear sphere were revealed last week: the launch of Under Armour’s new UAS lifestyle brand and the first pair of running shoes created at ...
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020