Blog: House of Fraser accelerates multichannel plans
Katie Smith | 20 June 2013
Launching a mobile site is one of the ways House of Fraser is ramping up its multichannel strategy
UK department store retailer House of Fraser is to revamp its website, launch a mobile site and extend cut off times for next day delivery as part of efforts to ramp up its multichannel strategy.
House of Fraser will launch a replicated version of its stock locator iPhone app on its main e-commerce website, allowing customers to check whether products are available in their local stores.
The cut-off point for Buy & Collect purchases will now be 8pm for pre-noon next day delivery, with plans to extend this to 10pm within the next few weeks.
The moves came as the company revealed that 50% of its online traffic now comes from touch screen devices, which is an indication of how rapidly consumer shopping habits are evolving. It also revealed a 53% jump in online sales for 2012.
Executive director for multichannel Andy Harding said: "Designing for mobile and tablet devices before desktop versions will soon become the norm and is a change we've already implemented."
Some of just-style’s more eagle-eyed readers might have noticed a small change to the menu bar on the homepage: the addition of the word re:source. Yes it might be a small change – but it marks the co...
Over the past week just-style has continued to try to unravel the potential ramifications of Donald Trump’s election as the next president of the United States....
One event dominated the international airwaves last week, and on just-style too we took a closer look at the surprise election of Donald Trump as the 45th president of the United States....
As the Brexit roller-coaster continues to twist and turn, and the US presidential election campaign nears its unpredictable and possibly protectionist end, there's no doubt these events – and the perc...
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Mexico makers bullish on Trump's proposed tariffs
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Throwaway fast fashion model needs re-think
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack