Blog: House of Fraser accelerates multichannel plans
Katie Smith | 20 June 2013
Launching a mobile site is one of the ways House of Fraser is ramping up its multichannel strategy
UK department store retailer House of Fraser is to revamp its website, launch a mobile site and extend cut off times for next day delivery as part of efforts to ramp up its multichannel strategy.
House of Fraser will launch a replicated version of its stock locator iPhone app on its main e-commerce website, allowing customers to check whether products are available in their local stores.
The cut-off point for Buy & Collect purchases will now be 8pm for pre-noon next day delivery, with plans to extend this to 10pm within the next few weeks.
The moves came as the company revealed that 50% of its online traffic now comes from touch screen devices, which is an indication of how rapidly consumer shopping habits are evolving. It also revealed a 53% jump in online sales for 2012.
Executive director for multichannel Andy Harding said: "Designing for mobile and tablet devices before desktop versions will soon become the norm and is a change we've already implemented."
Confirmation that digital supply chains are top of mind for apparel industry executives came last week with the latest plans from global sourcing specialist Li & Fung....
As a barometer of the issues top of mind for apparel sourcing executives, it is hard to beat the annual Prime Source Forum in Hong Kong. ...
Over the past month, Donald Trump and his team failed to offer any clear plan to ensure Americans would "Buy American, Hire American" - while the British government's attempts to clarify the specifics...
The Bangladesh government was forced to respond late last week to pressure over its crackdown on labour activists after a number of global brands and retailers, including H&M and Inditex announced pla...
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report