Blog: How skinny can jeans get?...
Katie Smith | 21 March 2013
...so skinny that teenagers will feel like they're wearing nothing at all, according to American Eagle Outfitters.
The teen apparel retailer has launched a campaign for the AEO skinny skinny, which is described as its "skinniest jean yet" because it comes straight from a can. American Eagle Outfitters claims that "one size fits all" for the jeans, which are available for a limited time only in Indigo and bright light.
But when customers visit the product online, they may be disappointed to find out that the spray-on jeans are temporarily sold out and will be asked to enter their email address to be updated on when the AEO skinny skinny jeans become available.
So what was the reason behind the spoof ad? A way of redirecting people to the company's e-commerce store possibly and adding them to its mailing list?
One thing we're sure of though is that if it was meant to be an April fool's joke - it's a week and a half too early.
Some of just-style’s more eagle-eyed readers might have noticed a small change to the menu bar on the homepage: the addition of the word re:source. Yes it might be a small change – but it marks the co...
Over the past week just-style has continued to try to unravel the potential ramifications of Donald Trump’s election as the next president of the United States....
One event dominated the international airwaves last week, and on just-style too we took a closer look at the surprise election of Donald Trump as the 45th president of the United States....
As the Brexit roller-coaster continues to twist and turn, and the US presidential election campaign nears its unpredictable and possibly protectionist end, there's no doubt these events – and the perc...
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Oxford Industries, Genesco
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack