Blog: How skinny can jeans get?...
Katie Smith | 21 March 2013
...so skinny that teenagers will feel like they're wearing nothing at all, according to American Eagle Outfitters.
The teen apparel retailer has launched a campaign for the AEO skinny skinny, which is described as its "skinniest jean yet" because it comes straight from a can. American Eagle Outfitters claims that "one size fits all" for the jeans, which are available for a limited time only in Indigo and bright light.
But when customers visit the product online, they may be disappointed to find out that the spray-on jeans are temporarily sold out and will be asked to enter their email address to be updated on when the AEO skinny skinny jeans become available.
So what was the reason behind the spoof ad? A way of redirecting people to the company's e-commerce store possibly and adding them to its mailing list?
One thing we're sure of though is that if it was meant to be an April fool's joke - it's a week and a half too early.
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
Welcome back after the holiday break, and from the team here at just-style I’d like to wish all our readers a happy and prosperous New Year....
Apparel sourcing is a complex process built on a mix of location, logistics, lead-time, price, compliance, risk and reliability. And it's in a constant state of flux as retailers, brands and manufactu...
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- M&S clothing growth – What the analysts say
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- Target leads funding for mobile quality inspection
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022