Blog: IAF draws fashion folk to Maastricht
Joe Ayling | 30 October 2008
just-style joins hundreds of fashion industry delegates flocking to Maastricht in The Netherlands today (30 October) for the International Apparel Federation (IAF) convention.
Staying a short walk from the Crowne Plaza Hotel venue for this year's convention, just-style is being accommodated in Maastricht's funky Eden Design Hotel, whose rooms - I kid you not - are adorned with fluffy toy squashed tomatoes.
After a splendid train journey here with Eurostar, crossing French, Belgian and Dutch borders, the convention promises much in the way of talking points.
The first session of the day, entitled 'How will the new generation of consumers shape fashion business?' brings together a star-studded panel including Liz Claiborne CEO Bill McComb.
Consumer behaviour towards corporate social responsibility will surely play a nagging part in the agenda, with transparency and ethical trading compromised at the peril of the producer these days.
Another highlight of this morning's proceedings will be the opening speech by Ludo Onnink, CFO and COO of Tommy Hilfiger.
just-style will keep readers posted every step of the way, with updates on the speeches made and reactions given.
Joe Ayling, news editor.
US fashion brand group VF Corporation believes Asian manufacturers will continue their hold on the global apparel supply chain, despite reports of rising costs in China....
Increasing competition for garment sourcing contracts is seeing China not only being challenged by other countries in Asia, but by sub-Saharan African and even Russian suppliers too. And it is pushing...
The monthly minimum wage for workers in Cambodia's textile, garment and footwear sector is set to rise to $153 from January next year, following a vote on the issue last week. The increase marks a ris...
The results of two highly-anticipated initiatives in the sportswear sphere were revealed last week: the launch of Under Armour’s new UAS lifestyle brand and the first pair of running shoes created at ...
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020