Blog: IAF draws fashion folk to Maastricht
Joe Ayling | 30 October 2008
just-style joins hundreds of fashion industry delegates flocking to Maastricht in The Netherlands today (30 October) for the International Apparel Federation (IAF) convention.
Staying a short walk from the Crowne Plaza Hotel venue for this year's convention, just-style is being accommodated in Maastricht's funky Eden Design Hotel, whose rooms - I kid you not - are adorned with fluffy toy squashed tomatoes.
After a splendid train journey here with Eurostar, crossing French, Belgian and Dutch borders, the convention promises much in the way of talking points.
The first session of the day, entitled 'How will the new generation of consumers shape fashion business?' brings together a star-studded panel including Liz Claiborne CEO Bill McComb.
Consumer behaviour towards corporate social responsibility will surely play a nagging part in the agenda, with transparency and ethical trading compromised at the peril of the producer these days.
Another highlight of this morning's proceedings will be the opening speech by Ludo Onnink, CFO and COO of Tommy Hilfiger.
just-style will keep readers posted every step of the way, with updates on the speeches made and reactions given.
Joe Ayling, news editor.
US fashion brand group VF Corporation believes Asian manufacturers will continue their hold on the global apparel supply chain, despite reports of rising costs in China....
Some of just-style’s more eagle-eyed readers might have noticed a small change to the menu bar on the homepage: the addition of the word re:source. Yes it might be a small change – but it marks the co...
Over the past week just-style has continued to try to unravel the potential ramifications of Donald Trump’s election as the next president of the United States....
One event dominated the international airwaves last week, and on just-style too we took a closer look at the surprise election of Donald Trump as the 45th president of the United States....
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- US Q3 in brief – Genesco, G-III Apparel, Express
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack