Blog: IAF draws fashion folk to Maastricht
Joe Ayling | 30 October 2008
just-style joins hundreds of fashion industry delegates flocking to Maastricht in The Netherlands today (30 October) for the International Apparel Federation (IAF) convention.
Staying a short walk from the Crowne Plaza Hotel venue for this year's convention, just-style is being accommodated in Maastricht's funky Eden Design Hotel, whose rooms - I kid you not - are adorned with fluffy toy squashed tomatoes.
After a splendid train journey here with Eurostar, crossing French, Belgian and Dutch borders, the convention promises much in the way of talking points.
The first session of the day, entitled 'How will the new generation of consumers shape fashion business?' brings together a star-studded panel including Liz Claiborne CEO Bill McComb.
Consumer behaviour towards corporate social responsibility will surely play a nagging part in the agenda, with transparency and ethical trading compromised at the peril of the producer these days.
Another highlight of this morning's proceedings will be the opening speech by Ludo Onnink, CFO and COO of Tommy Hilfiger.
just-style will keep readers posted every step of the way, with updates on the speeches made and reactions given.
Joe Ayling, news editor.
US fashion brand group VF Corporation believes Asian manufacturers will continue their hold on the global apparel supply chain, despite reports of rising costs in China....
Confirmation that digital supply chains are top of mind for apparel industry executives came last week with the latest plans from global sourcing specialist Li & Fung....
As a barometer of the issues top of mind for apparel sourcing executives, it is hard to beat the annual Prime Source Forum in Hong Kong. ...
Over the past month, Donald Trump and his team failed to offer any clear plan to ensure Americans would "Buy American, Hire American" - while the British government's attempts to clarify the specifics...
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Brandix rolls out Tukatech systems
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar