Blog: Impressive advances at Arcadia
Leonie Barrie | 24 October 2003
His ability to improve profit margins and cut costs through clever sourcing – or squeezing suppliers as it’s otherwise known – is legendary. And by restructuring the group to effectively create eight different business units around the Arcadia brands – which include Dorothy Perkins, Burtons, Miss Selfridge, Evans, Top Shop, and Top Man – he has speeded up decision-making as well as improving stock control and reducing discounts.
Pitching these different brands against each other is perhaps the ultimate triumph, and the results speak for themselves. Most impressively, Green has repayed £400 million of the £807 million acquisition cost three years ahead of schedule, in the process proving that his somewhat maverick style delivers results, fast.
Fresh from their disappointment at seeing the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) free trade deal abandoned last month with an executive order by President Donald Trump, the US apparel and footwear sector...
With the ultimate aim of ensuring all the cotton in its products is sourced sustainably, value clothing retailer Primark is adamant that having a business model focused on offering the lowest prices o...
Last week we marked the inauguration of Donald Trump as the 45th president of the United States by taking a closer look at what's at stake for the textile and apparel trade – especially his promises t...
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- Bangladesh government steps in on labour crackdown
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022