Blog: Internet retailers crown customer king
Joe Ayling | 13 October 2009
Internet retail experts are comparing notes on how online customers behave at a conference in London today (13 October).
The Internet Retailing Conference provides an opportunity for retailers and web experts to share ideas about how to boost online sales.
Researchers say retailers can improve site visitation and conversion rates by tracking customer behaviour. Site navigation and performance are also building blocks of customer experience, just-style has heard.
High-profile speakers from Zappos, John Lewis and Reebok International are also keen to stress they are adapting a multi-channel approach between store, website, and even mobile phone.
However, all issue caution about getting carried away by the online tools and social networking gadgets available to retailers, like Twitter.
"We have to careful not to get caught up with all the shiny stuff," added Foresee retail strategist Kevin Ertell.
It seems that leading internet retailers are striving to engage consumers, but without neglecting the basics.
There will no doubt be plenty more information, ideas and projections from a sector that, although not exactly in its infancy, has plenty of space to grow.
By Joe Ayling, news editor.
Some of just-style’s more eagle-eyed readers might have noticed a small change to the menu bar on the homepage: the addition of the word re:source. Yes it might be a small change – but it marks the co...
Over the past week just-style has continued to try to unravel the potential ramifications of Donald Trump’s election as the next president of the United States....
One event dominated the international airwaves last week, and on just-style too we took a closer look at the surprise election of Donald Trump as the 45th president of the United States....
As the Brexit roller-coaster continues to twist and turn, and the US presidential election campaign nears its unpredictable and possibly protectionist end, there's no doubt these events – and the perc...
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Genesco, G-III Apparel, Express
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- North Face parka features synthetic spider silk
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack