Blog: Jessica's jeans
Leonie Barrie | 13 April 2006
Jessica Simpson is an American singer/actress who appeared as the scantily-clad Daisy Duke in The Dukes of Hazzard movie and is probably just as well know for her love of skimpy, revealing clothing as she is for her creative talents. But now her penchant for wearing as little as possible has got her into deep water with Tarrant Apparel Group.
The clothing maker signed Simpson in a multi-million dollar deal to promote its sportswear lines, but says she failed to wear these fashions at events, shows and appearances – and even named a rival jeans brand as her favourite. Not the cleverest of moves, but then Simpson wasn’t hired for her brains. TAG now wants $100m in compensation. It doesn’t take a genius to work out that’s a lot of money for not putting on a few threads.
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
Welcome back after the holiday break, and from the team here at just-style I’d like to wish all our readers a happy and prosperous New Year....
Apparel sourcing is a complex process built on a mix of location, logistics, lead-time, price, compliance, risk and reliability. And it's in a constant state of flux as retailers, brands and manufactu...
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016