Blog: Jessica's jeans
Leonie Barrie | 13 April 2006
Jessica Simpson is an American singer/actress who appeared as the scantily-clad Daisy Duke in The Dukes of Hazzard movie and is probably just as well know for her love of skimpy, revealing clothing as she is for her creative talents. But now her penchant for wearing as little as possible has got her into deep water with Tarrant Apparel Group.
The clothing maker signed Simpson in a multi-million dollar deal to promote its sportswear lines, but says she failed to wear these fashions at events, shows and appearances – and even named a rival jeans brand as her favourite. Not the cleverest of moves, but then Simpson wasn’t hired for her brains. TAG now wants $100m in compensation. It doesn’t take a genius to work out that’s a lot of money for not putting on a few threads.
Over the past month, Donald Trump and his team failed to offer any clear plan to ensure Americans would "Buy American, Hire American" - while the British government's attempts to clarify the specifics...
The Bangladesh government was forced to respond late last week to pressure over its crackdown on labour activists after a number of global brands and retailers, including H&M and Inditex announced pla...
Fresh from their disappointment at seeing the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) free trade deal abandoned last month with an executive order by President Donald Trump, the US apparel and footwear sector...
With the ultimate aim of ensuring all the cotton in its products is sourced sustainably, value clothing retailer Primark is adamant that having a business model focused on offering the lowest prices o...
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Adidas raises the bar for North America sales
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- US Q4 in brief – PVH Corp, J Crew, Perry Ellis
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- PVH Corp to acquire e-commerce retailer True&Co
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective