Blog: Jessica's jeans
Leonie Barrie | 13 April 2006
Jessica Simpson is an American singer/actress who appeared as the scantily-clad Daisy Duke in The Dukes of Hazzard movie and is probably just as well know for her love of skimpy, revealing clothing as she is for her creative talents. But now her penchant for wearing as little as possible has got her into deep water with Tarrant Apparel Group.
The clothing maker signed Simpson in a multi-million dollar deal to promote its sportswear lines, but says she failed to wear these fashions at events, shows and appearances – and even named a rival jeans brand as her favourite. Not the cleverest of moves, but then Simpson wasn’t hired for her brains. TAG now wants $100m in compensation. It doesn’t take a genius to work out that’s a lot of money for not putting on a few threads.
Some of just-style’s more eagle-eyed readers might have noticed a small change to the menu bar on the homepage: the addition of the word re:source. Yes it might be a small change – but it marks the co...
Over the past week just-style has continued to try to unravel the potential ramifications of Donald Trump’s election as the next president of the United States....
One event dominated the international airwaves last week, and on just-style too we took a closer look at the surprise election of Donald Trump as the 45th president of the United States....
As the Brexit roller-coaster continues to twist and turn, and the US presidential election campaign nears its unpredictable and possibly protectionist end, there's no doubt these events – and the perc...
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- Bangladesh slips as US imports decline in October
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- World cotton price prospects lifted again
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores