Blog: Jessica's jeans
Leonie Barrie | 13 April 2006
Jessica Simpson is an American singer/actress who appeared as the scantily-clad Daisy Duke in The Dukes of Hazzard movie and is probably just as well know for her love of skimpy, revealing clothing as she is for her creative talents. But now her penchant for wearing as little as possible has got her into deep water with Tarrant Apparel Group.
The clothing maker signed Simpson in a multi-million dollar deal to promote its sportswear lines, but says she failed to wear these fashions at events, shows and appearances – and even named a rival jeans brand as her favourite. Not the cleverest of moves, but then Simpson wasn’t hired for her brains. TAG now wants $100m in compensation. It doesn’t take a genius to work out that’s a lot of money for not putting on a few threads.
Fashion retailer H&M and UK based glove and leather manufacturer Pittards both say they are monitoring the situation in Ethiopia closely after the country's government declared a state of emergency af...
Increasing competition for garment sourcing contracts is seeing China not only being challenged by other countries in Asia, but by sub-Saharan African and even Russian suppliers too. And it is pushing...
The monthly minimum wage for workers in Cambodia's textile, garment and footwear sector is set to rise to $153 from January next year, following a vote on the issue last week. The increase marks a ris...
The results of two highly-anticipated initiatives in the sportswear sphere were revealed last week: the launch of Under Armour’s new UAS lifestyle brand and the first pair of running shoes created at ...
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Primark sourcing chief Gordon steps down
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020