Blog: John Lewis bags top retailer award
Katie Smith | 3 May 2013
Department store operator John Lewis has reclaimed its title of the 'UK's best retailer' after its online sales passed the GBP1bn mark earlier this week - a year ahead of schedule.
John Lewis scored highly on its service and product quality. The company was followed by Bonmarché, who retained second place in the Verdict Customer Satisfaction Index rankings. In terms of clothing companies, Swedish fashion retailer Hennes & Mauritz (H&M) came third.
Verdict director of research & analysis Maureen Hinton said: "John Lewis swept the board this year coming top in all its main product categories, including for the first time, clothing.
The department store, which has also launched a new web platform, said it has seen an unprecedented pace of online growth, with online sales rising more than 40% in 2013.
Some of just-style’s more eagle-eyed readers might have noticed a small change to the menu bar on the homepage: the addition of the word re:source. Yes it might be a small change – but it marks the co...
Over the past week just-style has continued to try to unravel the potential ramifications of Donald Trump’s election as the next president of the United States....
One event dominated the international airwaves last week, and on just-style too we took a closer look at the surprise election of Donald Trump as the 45th president of the United States....
As the Brexit roller-coaster continues to twist and turn, and the US presidential election campaign nears its unpredictable and possibly protectionist end, there's no doubt these events – and the perc...
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Genesco, G-III Apparel, Express
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- North Face parka features synthetic spider silk
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack