Blog: John Lewis retains UK's best retailer title
Michelle Russell | 29 April 2014
Department store retailer John Lewis has retained the number one spot as the UK's best retailer for customer satisfaction at the Verdict Customer Satisfaction Awards.
In its latest poll, Verdict Research revealed Lewis' retention of the number one spot in the chart demonstrates customers continue to recognise its standout service and quality products.
The survey was carried out among 5,800 customers, for which the retailer obtained scores for service "far exceeding that of any other retailer in the survey". Product quality also scored highly.
"John Lewis retained its title this year coming top overall as well as in its main product categories of homewares and electricals," said Verdict lead analyst, Sarah Peters. "As Britain's favourite retailer, John Lewis continues to deliver the product ranges, inspiration and trust that customers appreciate."
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
Welcome back after the holiday break, and from the team here at just-style I’d like to wish all our readers a happy and prosperous New Year....
While progress has been made in talks on the Transatlantic Trade & Investment Partnership (TTIP) pact, the EU and US have this week outlined areas where significant work remains to be done....
Apparel sourcing is a complex process built on a mix of location, logistics, lead-time, price, compliance, risk and reliability. And it's in a constant state of flux as retailers, brands and manufactu...
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- JC Penney to roll out hundreds of Nike "shops"
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016