Blog: John Lewis retains UK's best retailer title
Michelle Russell | 29 April 2014
Department store retailer John Lewis has retained the number one spot as the UK's best retailer for customer satisfaction at the Verdict Customer Satisfaction Awards.
In its latest poll, Verdict Research revealed Lewis' retention of the number one spot in the chart demonstrates customers continue to recognise its standout service and quality products.
The survey was carried out among 5,800 customers, for which the retailer obtained scores for service "far exceeding that of any other retailer in the survey". Product quality also scored highly.
"John Lewis retained its title this year coming top overall as well as in its main product categories of homewares and electricals," said Verdict lead analyst, Sarah Peters. "As Britain's favourite retailer, John Lewis continues to deliver the product ranges, inspiration and trust that customers appreciate."
Confirmation that digital supply chains are top of mind for apparel industry executives came last week with the latest plans from global sourcing specialist Li & Fung....
US apparel and footwear group Deckers Brands, the maker of Ugg footwear, has revealed it is exploring "strategic alternatives", including a potential sale of the firm, on the back of a disappointing t...
As a barometer of the issues top of mind for apparel sourcing executives, it is hard to beat the annual Prime Source Forum in Hong Kong. ...
British retailer Marks & Spencer has agreed a new contract with the two sourcing directors who have been responsible for overhauling the group's clothing supply chain....
Over the past month, Donald Trump and his team failed to offer any clear plan to ensure Americans would "Buy American, Hire American" - while the British government's attempts to clarify the specifics...
The Bangladesh government was forced to respond late last week to pressure over its crackdown on labour activists after a number of global brands and retailers, including H&M and Inditex announced pla...
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report