Blog: John Lewis retains UK's best retailer title
Michelle Russell | 29 April 2014
Department store retailer John Lewis has retained the number one spot as the UK's best retailer for customer satisfaction at the Verdict Customer Satisfaction Awards.
In its latest poll, Verdict Research revealed Lewis' retention of the number one spot in the chart demonstrates customers continue to recognise its standout service and quality products.
The survey was carried out among 5,800 customers, for which the retailer obtained scores for service "far exceeding that of any other retailer in the survey". Product quality also scored highly.
"John Lewis retained its title this year coming top overall as well as in its main product categories of homewares and electricals," said Verdict lead analyst, Sarah Peters. "As Britain's favourite retailer, John Lewis continues to deliver the product ranges, inspiration and trust that customers appreciate."
Earlier this year apparel giant PVH set up Innovation Next, a new department dedicated to preparing for the big ideas coming at the industry - including connected apparel and implications for the supp...
Fashion retailer H&M and UK based glove and leather manufacturer Pittards both say they are monitoring the situation in Ethiopia closely after the country's government declared a state of emergency af...
Increasing competition for garment sourcing contracts is seeing China not only being challenged by other countries in Asia, but by sub-Saharan African and even Russian suppliers too. And it is pushing...
High-end performance and lifestyle brand Rhone has developed a technology that infuses gold particles into its highest-performance fabrics to produce a softer, safer, faster-drying, longer-lasting, od...
The monthly minimum wage for workers in Cambodia's textile, garment and footwear sector is set to rise to $153 from January next year, following a vote on the issue last week. The increase marks a ris...
UK apparel and accessories retailer Monsoon Accessorize has appointed Elaine Deste as its new finance director....
The results of two highly-anticipated initiatives in the sportswear sphere were revealed last week: the launch of Under Armour’s new UAS lifestyle brand and the first pair of running shoes created at ...
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- US Q3 in brief - Under Armour, VF Corp, Skechers
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020