Blog: Juicy recall
Leonie Barrie | 15 May 2006
The debut of Juicy Couture’s baby apparel line has had an ominous start, coming just days after the Los Angeles-based fashion-brand was forced to recall about 2,800 items of children’s jewellery for containing high levels of lead. The $95 bracelets and necklaces are gold or silver with charms including a yellow painted metal shirt with ‘Viva La Juicy’ printed on the front, a cheerleader’s megaphone, a green heart with ‘Juicy Couture,’ a black dog, the letter ‘J,’ and a purple flower.
The recall comes just two months after a 4-year-old Minneapolis boy died after swallowing a heart-shaped bracelet charm made from lead which was given away in a promotion by Reebok International. And it certainly doesn't sit well with the claims of "exceptional functionality and performance" made for the new babywear line.
Confirmation that digital supply chains are top of mind for apparel industry executives came last week with the latest plans from global sourcing specialist Li & Fung....
As a barometer of the issues top of mind for apparel sourcing executives, it is hard to beat the annual Prime Source Forum in Hong Kong. ...
Over the past month, Donald Trump and his team failed to offer any clear plan to ensure Americans would "Buy American, Hire American" - while the British government's attempts to clarify the specifics...
The Bangladesh government was forced to respond late last week to pressure over its crackdown on labour activists after a number of global brands and retailers, including H&M and Inditex announced pla...
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Lenzing unveils new sustainability strategy
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar