Blog: Juicy recall
Leonie Barrie | 15 May 2006
The debut of Juicy Couture’s baby apparel line has had an ominous start, coming just days after the Los Angeles-based fashion-brand was forced to recall about 2,800 items of children’s jewellery for containing high levels of lead. The $95 bracelets and necklaces are gold or silver with charms including a yellow painted metal shirt with ‘Viva La Juicy’ printed on the front, a cheerleader’s megaphone, a green heart with ‘Juicy Couture,’ a black dog, the letter ‘J,’ and a purple flower.
The recall comes just two months after a 4-year-old Minneapolis boy died after swallowing a heart-shaped bracelet charm made from lead which was given away in a promotion by Reebok International. And it certainly doesn't sit well with the claims of "exceptional functionality and performance" made for the new babywear line.
Fresh from their disappointment at seeing the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) free trade deal abandoned last month with an executive order by President Donald Trump, the US apparel and footwear sector...
With the ultimate aim of ensuring all the cotton in its products is sourced sustainably, value clothing retailer Primark is adamant that having a business model focused on offering the lowest prices o...
Last week we marked the inauguration of Donald Trump as the 45th president of the United States by taking a closer look at what's at stake for the textile and apparel trade – especially his promises t...
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- US Q4 in brief – VF Corp, Kate Spade, Rocky Brands
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar