Blog: just-style is Barcelona-bound for ITMA 2011
Petah Marian | 21 September 2011
In just a few short hours I'll be landing in Barcelona for this year's ITMA trade show - the world's largest international textile and garment machinery exhibition and increasingly referred to as the "Olympics of the Textiles Industry."
Expected to attract around 1,400 international exhibitors and over 120,000 trade visitors, the event is this year making a concerted effort to showcase garment making technology, and is also launching a dedicated fibre and yarn section to provide textile and garment manufacturers with a wider sourcing platform.
ITMA follows a year in which the industry has been battered by rising energy and input costs as well as uncertainties in pricing and visibility of demand across every link in the supply chain. So it will be interesting to see first-hand how equipment and raw material suppliers are gearing their developments to offer solutions that help counter rising costs with better efficiencies, production increases, new processes, and energy and material savings. I'm also expecting to see the latest sustainability innovations in dyes and finishes.
If you're going to be at the show too, and have any news you'd like to share with just-style, I'd love to hear from you. You can get in touch by clicking the comment button below or send me an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
Welcome back after the holiday break, and from the team here at just-style I’d like to wish all our readers a happy and prosperous New Year....
Apparel sourcing is a complex process built on a mix of location, logistics, lead-time, price, compliance, risk and reliability. And it's in a constant state of flux as retailers, brands and manufactu...
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- Better compliance "crucial" for Bangladesh growth
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022