Blog: just-style is Barcelona-bound for ITMA 2011
Petah Marian | 21 September 2011
In just a few short hours I'll be landing in Barcelona for this year's ITMA trade show - the world's largest international textile and garment machinery exhibition and increasingly referred to as the "Olympics of the Textiles Industry."
Expected to attract around 1,400 international exhibitors and over 120,000 trade visitors, the event is this year making a concerted effort to showcase garment making technology, and is also launching a dedicated fibre and yarn section to provide textile and garment manufacturers with a wider sourcing platform.
ITMA follows a year in which the industry has been battered by rising energy and input costs as well as uncertainties in pricing and visibility of demand across every link in the supply chain. So it will be interesting to see first-hand how equipment and raw material suppliers are gearing their developments to offer solutions that help counter rising costs with better efficiencies, production increases, new processes, and energy and material savings. I'm also expecting to see the latest sustainability innovations in dyes and finishes.
If you're going to be at the show too, and have any news you'd like to share with just-style, I'd love to hear from you. You can get in touch by clicking the comment button below or send me an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Confirmation that digital supply chains are top of mind for apparel industry executives came last week with the latest plans from global sourcing specialist Li & Fung....
As a barometer of the issues top of mind for apparel sourcing executives, it is hard to beat the annual Prime Source Forum in Hong Kong. ...
Over the past month, Donald Trump and his team failed to offer any clear plan to ensure Americans would "Buy American, Hire American" - while the British government's attempts to clarify the specifics...
The Bangladesh government was forced to respond late last week to pressure over its crackdown on labour activists after a number of global brands and retailers, including H&M and Inditex announced pla...
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective