Blog: just-style launches Linkedin group
Joe Ayling | 29 October 2010
Modern day social media means that business meetings are as likely to take place in your living room as they are halfway across the world, and just-style continues to move with the times.
Never before has the style industry had so much opportunity to network, discuss and do business than under the current climate of convenience.
While there is no substitute for meeting in person, just-style has received a number of requests by conference goers to host some 'extra time' debating.
Accepting the challenge, the next step was finding a home for such a service from the toolbox of social networking sites available.
Twitter already serves a purpose to the just-style newsdesk, but anyone familiar with Tweeting knows that expressing an opinion in 140 characters has its limitations. Facebook is another great way to network, but is more cyber-pub than cyber-seminar.
Linkedin, therefore, seems the obvious place for just-style readers to convene.
Launched this week, the just-style Linkedin Group will host debates on breaking news, follow-up topical issues and, encourage members to network with each other and feedback to us.
Already the issue of cotton has prompted reaction, with a general feeling that the "panic button" has been pressed. The next question is how and when the surge will translate into the price of garments. Have an opinion? Why not join the just-style Linkedin group today.
Fashion retailer H&M and UK based glove and leather manufacturer Pittards both say they are monitoring the situation in Ethiopia closely after the country's government declared a state of emergency af...
Increasing competition for garment sourcing contracts is seeing China not only being challenged by other countries in Asia, but by sub-Saharan African and even Russian suppliers too. And it is pushing...
The monthly minimum wage for workers in Cambodia's textile, garment and footwear sector is set to rise to $153 from January next year, following a vote on the issue last week. The increase marks a ris...
The results of two highly-anticipated initiatives in the sportswear sphere were revealed last week: the launch of Under Armour’s new UAS lifestyle brand and the first pair of running shoes created at ...
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020