Blog: just-style launches Linkedin group
Joe Ayling | 29 October 2010
Modern day social media means that business meetings are as likely to take place in your living room as they are halfway across the world, and just-style continues to move with the times.
Never before has the style industry had so much opportunity to network, discuss and do business than under the current climate of convenience.
While there is no substitute for meeting in person, just-style has received a number of requests by conference goers to host some 'extra time' debating.
Accepting the challenge, the next step was finding a home for such a service from the toolbox of social networking sites available.
Twitter already serves a purpose to the just-style newsdesk, but anyone familiar with Tweeting knows that expressing an opinion in 140 characters has its limitations. Facebook is another great way to network, but is more cyber-pub than cyber-seminar.
Linkedin, therefore, seems the obvious place for just-style readers to convene.
Launched this week, the just-style Linkedin Group will host debates on breaking news, follow-up topical issues and, encourage members to network with each other and feedback to us.
Already the issue of cotton has prompted reaction, with a general feeling that the "panic button" has been pressed. The next question is how and when the surge will translate into the price of garments. Have an opinion? Why not join the just-style Linkedin group today.
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
Welcome back after the holiday break, and from the team here at just-style I’d like to wish all our readers a happy and prosperous New Year....
Apparel sourcing is a complex process built on a mix of location, logistics, lead-time, price, compliance, risk and reliability. And it's in a constant state of flux as retailers, brands and manufactu...
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- M&S clothing growth – What the analysts say
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- Target leads funding for mobile quality inspection
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022