Blog: just-style launching PLM hub
Leonie Barrie | 10 December 2008
Among the consistently most popular stories on just-style are those relating to new software and new installations bridging the supply chain between manufacturers and retailers. And of course the reason for this is that having the right systems in place is a sure-fire way of giving companies a competitive edge.
Sitting at the top of the technology tree are PLM (product lifecycle management) tools. How else would apparel and footwear firms be able to juggle constant order changes and short product lifecycles across complex global supply chains if they didn’t have the right software to manage every step of the process?
We’ve now taken this demand for the latest information on PLM to the next logical stage, and in January will be launching a dedicated PLM hub to help clothing and footwear firms keep up-to-date on the latest products, developments, applications and roll-outs specifically aimed at them. Dassault Systèmes and PTC are among the PLM vendors supporting the hub.
If you’d like to register to be notified as soon as the Buyers' Guide to PLM Software is launched, click here.
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
Welcome back after the holiday break, and from the team here at just-style I’d like to wish all our readers a happy and prosperous New Year....
Apparel sourcing is a complex process built on a mix of location, logistics, lead-time, price, compliance, risk and reliability. And it's in a constant state of flux as retailers, brands and manufactu...
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- Better compliance "crucial" for Bangladesh growth
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022