Blog: just-style launching PLM hub
Leonie Barrie | 10 December 2008
Among the consistently most popular stories on just-style are those relating to new software and new installations bridging the supply chain between manufacturers and retailers. And of course the reason for this is that having the right systems in place is a sure-fire way of giving companies a competitive edge.
Sitting at the top of the technology tree are PLM (product lifecycle management) tools. How else would apparel and footwear firms be able to juggle constant order changes and short product lifecycles across complex global supply chains if they didn’t have the right software to manage every step of the process?
We’ve now taken this demand for the latest information on PLM to the next logical stage, and in January will be launching a dedicated PLM hub to help clothing and footwear firms keep up-to-date on the latest products, developments, applications and roll-outs specifically aimed at them. Dassault Systèmes and PTC are among the PLM vendors supporting the hub.
If you’d like to register to be notified as soon as the Buyers' Guide to PLM Software is launched, click here.
Over the past month, Donald Trump and his team failed to offer any clear plan to ensure Americans would "Buy American, Hire American" - while the British government's attempts to clarify the specifics...
The Bangladesh government was forced to respond late last week to pressure over its crackdown on labour activists after a number of global brands and retailers, including H&M and Inditex announced pla...
Fresh from their disappointment at seeing the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) free trade deal abandoned last month with an executive order by President Donald Trump, the US apparel and footwear sector...
With the ultimate aim of ensuring all the cotton in its products is sourced sustainably, value clothing retailer Primark is adamant that having a business model focused on offering the lowest prices o...
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Adidas raises the bar for North America sales
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- US Q4 in brief – PVH Corp, J Crew, Perry Ellis
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- PVH Corp to acquire e-commerce retailer True&Co
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective