Blog: just-style meets Caprice
Joe Ayling | 26 February 2008
Yesterday I attended the Harrogate Lingerie & Swimwear Exhibition, which attracted some top brands and personalities.
The journey to Harrogate was a picturesque one, with great views of the Crimple Valley Viaduct on the way. Having reached the elegant northern town it was time to view the latest lingerie innovations from brands like Wonderbra, Cette, Spanx and Calvin Klein underwear.
Shapewear emerged as a much talked about category, with the appeal of magic pants, corsets and powermesh threatening to squeeze modern day gym memberships to one side.
The Faveo Freedom Bra product rather caught the eye too, being two separate cups without any strap rather than a single bra.
I was particularly keen to canvas opinion on the rate of sector growth, having read in a global review published by just-style this month that the sector had grown just 2.6% between 2004 and 2007.
I was also lucky enough to catch up with model turned lingerie entrepreneur Caprice at the event. She told just-style that sales of her UK lingerie collection By Caprice, which she models exclusively, are snowballing at retailers including Next, Littlewoods and Asos.
So despite her celebrity status, it seems Caprice is more than willing to run exhibition stands and represent the company she owns directly.
Perhaps it was beyond the call of duty to pose for a picture with a grinning news hack representing just-style, but she happily obliged.
By Joe Ayling, news editor.
Some of just-style’s more eagle-eyed readers might have noticed a small change to the menu bar on the homepage: the addition of the word re:source. Yes it might be a small change – but it marks the co...
Over the past week just-style has continued to try to unravel the potential ramifications of Donald Trump’s election as the next president of the United States....
One event dominated the international airwaves last week, and on just-style too we took a closer look at the surprise election of Donald Trump as the 45th president of the United States....
As the Brexit roller-coaster continues to twist and turn, and the US presidential election campaign nears its unpredictable and possibly protectionist end, there's no doubt these events – and the perc...
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- US Q3 in brief – Genesco, G-III Apparel, Express
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- North Face parka features synthetic spider silk
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack