Blog: just-style seeks scooters
Petah Marian | 22 September 2011
We're half-way through our first day at the International Exhibition of Textile Machinery (ITMA) and while impressed by the scale of the exhibition, the just-style team are already crying out for foot massages, given the many miles (I think) we've walked around Fira Barcelona.
I was particularly impressed with one person I saw carrying what looked to be a child's scooter, a much speedier and far less painful way of getting about, I'd imagine.
Stephen Combes, the president of CEMATEX - the European Committee of Textile Machinery Manufacturers - said today that the organisers are expecting more than 100,000 people to visit the exhibition over the next few days, and that there are some 1,350 exhibitors taking up the eight halls here.
just-style has met some interesting folks so far, discussing sustainability through the supply chain with Huntsman Textile's Jay Naidu, functional fabrics with HeiQ's Kristofer Skantze, and we met Nick Hahn, the former CEO of Cotton Incorporated, who is launching a new alpaca venture.
Check back later for more about these, and the sustainability round table I'll be attending this afternoon. I'm at the show today and tomorrow, so, if you're here, please do get in touch if you'd like to meet (email@example.com).
Increasing competition for garment sourcing contracts is seeing China not only being challenged by other countries in Asia, but by sub-Saharan African and even Russian suppliers too. And it is pushing...
The monthly minimum wage for workers in Cambodia's textile, garment and footwear sector is set to rise to $153 from January next year, following a vote on the issue last week. The increase marks a ris...
The results of two highly-anticipated initiatives in the sportswear sphere were revealed last week: the launch of Under Armour’s new UAS lifestyle brand and the first pair of running shoes created at ...
The recent bankruptcy of South Korea's Hanjin Shipping, the world's seventh-largest container shipper, at the end of August, has left billions of dollars worth of merchandise in limbo, leaving the fal...
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Modern Slavery Act boosts supply chain engagement
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020