Blog: just-style seeks scooters
Petah Marian | 22 September 2011
We're half-way through our first day at the International Exhibition of Textile Machinery (ITMA) and while impressed by the scale of the exhibition, the just-style team are already crying out for foot massages, given the many miles (I think) we've walked around Fira Barcelona.
I was particularly impressed with one person I saw carrying what looked to be a child's scooter, a much speedier and far less painful way of getting about, I'd imagine.
Stephen Combes, the president of CEMATEX - the European Committee of Textile Machinery Manufacturers - said today that the organisers are expecting more than 100,000 people to visit the exhibition over the next few days, and that there are some 1,350 exhibitors taking up the eight halls here.
just-style has met some interesting folks so far, discussing sustainability through the supply chain with Huntsman Textile's Jay Naidu, functional fabrics with HeiQ's Kristofer Skantze, and we met Nick Hahn, the former CEO of Cotton Incorporated, who is launching a new alpaca venture.
Check back later for more about these, and the sustainability round table I'll be attending this afternoon. I'm at the show today and tomorrow, so, if you're here, please do get in touch if you'd like to meet (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
Welcome back after the holiday break, and from the team here at just-style I’d like to wish all our readers a happy and prosperous New Year....
Apparel sourcing is a complex process built on a mix of location, logistics, lead-time, price, compliance, risk and reliability. And it's in a constant state of flux as retailers, brands and manufactu...
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- JC Penney to roll out hundreds of Nike "shops"
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016