Blog: just-style seeks scooters
Petah Marian | 22 September 2011
We're half-way through our first day at the International Exhibition of Textile Machinery (ITMA) and while impressed by the scale of the exhibition, the just-style team are already crying out for foot massages, given the many miles (I think) we've walked around Fira Barcelona.
I was particularly impressed with one person I saw carrying what looked to be a child's scooter, a much speedier and far less painful way of getting about, I'd imagine.
Stephen Combes, the president of CEMATEX - the European Committee of Textile Machinery Manufacturers - said today that the organisers are expecting more than 100,000 people to visit the exhibition over the next few days, and that there are some 1,350 exhibitors taking up the eight halls here.
just-style has met some interesting folks so far, discussing sustainability through the supply chain with Huntsman Textile's Jay Naidu, functional fabrics with HeiQ's Kristofer Skantze, and we met Nick Hahn, the former CEO of Cotton Incorporated, who is launching a new alpaca venture.
Check back later for more about these, and the sustainability round table I'll be attending this afternoon. I'm at the show today and tomorrow, so, if you're here, please do get in touch if you'd like to meet (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Fresh from their disappointment at seeing the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) free trade deal abandoned last month with an executive order by President Donald Trump, the US apparel and footwear sector...
With the ultimate aim of ensuring all the cotton in its products is sourced sustainably, value clothing retailer Primark is adamant that having a business model focused on offering the lowest prices o...
Last week we marked the inauguration of Donald Trump as the 45th president of the United States by taking a closer look at what's at stake for the textile and apparel trade – especially his promises t...
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- US Q4 in brief – Macy's, Walmart, VF Corp
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar