Blog: just-style seeks scooters
Petah Marian | 22 September 2011
We're half-way through our first day at the International Exhibition of Textile Machinery (ITMA) and while impressed by the scale of the exhibition, the just-style team are already crying out for foot massages, given the many miles (I think) we've walked around Fira Barcelona.
I was particularly impressed with one person I saw carrying what looked to be a child's scooter, a much speedier and far less painful way of getting about, I'd imagine.
Stephen Combes, the president of CEMATEX - the European Committee of Textile Machinery Manufacturers - said today that the organisers are expecting more than 100,000 people to visit the exhibition over the next few days, and that there are some 1,350 exhibitors taking up the eight halls here.
just-style has met some interesting folks so far, discussing sustainability through the supply chain with Huntsman Textile's Jay Naidu, functional fabrics with HeiQ's Kristofer Skantze, and we met Nick Hahn, the former CEO of Cotton Incorporated, who is launching a new alpaca venture.
Check back later for more about these, and the sustainability round table I'll be attending this afternoon. I'm at the show today and tomorrow, so, if you're here, please do get in touch if you'd like to meet (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Confirmation that digital supply chains are top of mind for apparel industry executives came last week with the latest plans from global sourcing specialist Li & Fung....
As a barometer of the issues top of mind for apparel sourcing executives, it is hard to beat the annual Prime Source Forum in Hong Kong. ...
Over the past month, Donald Trump and his team failed to offer any clear plan to ensure Americans would "Buy American, Hire American" - while the British government's attempts to clarify the specifics...
The Bangladesh government was forced to respond late last week to pressure over its crackdown on labour activists after a number of global brands and retailers, including H&M and Inditex announced pla...
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective