Blog: just-style takes to the field at Herzo
Joe Ayling | 21 June 2010
Getting a feel for the Jabulani on the sidelines at Adidas HQ
It was a career first as I laced my boots for a football match against fellow journalists at Adidas' HQ in Herzogenaurach, Germany, today (21 June).
I was pre-warned by Adidas' excellent press team that all journos - English ones included - would be wearing Germany shirts for the game, but it still came as a shock.
As the whistle blew, opponents from rival trade publications were forced to put the odd scoop here and there to one side.
The game was played in good spirits, all glad to be starting the week away from our hack desks for a change.
After 90 minutes of, let's say, 'open' play, it is estimated the game ended approximately nineteen all.
Indeed, despite my worst fears of old Adidas icons like Zinedine Zidane turning out, it was a suitably amateur affair for me.
What hasn't been amateur today is the hospitality at Adidas' 114 hectare base, adorned with football pitches, a running track, tennis courts and even a barbecue area for warm days.
Still, time to fly back to the UK with my notes, having interviewed CEO Herbert Hainer this afternoon.
Hainer describes his management style as both honest, direct and challenging, all of which would also describe our very own World Cup of journalists.
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
Welcome back after the holiday break, and from the team here at just-style I’d like to wish all our readers a happy and prosperous New Year....
Apparel sourcing is a complex process built on a mix of location, logistics, lead-time, price, compliance, risk and reliability. And it's in a constant state of flux as retailers, brands and manufactu...
- Outlook 2017 – What else is the industry watching?
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Outlook 2017 – Strategies for sourcing success
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- Outlook 2017 – Challenges and opportunities
- 22 dos and dont's – When sourcing goes wrong
- M&S quality focus finally lifts clothing sales
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Sri Lanka on track to regain EU GSP+ benefits
- Update - Bangladesh "business as usual"
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar