Blog: just-style takes to the field at Herzo
Joe Ayling | 21 June 2010
Getting a feel for the Jabulani on the sidelines at Adidas HQ
It was a career first as I laced my boots for a football match against fellow journalists at Adidas' HQ in Herzogenaurach, Germany, today (21 June).
I was pre-warned by Adidas' excellent press team that all journos - English ones included - would be wearing Germany shirts for the game, but it still came as a shock.
As the whistle blew, opponents from rival trade publications were forced to put the odd scoop here and there to one side.
The game was played in good spirits, all glad to be starting the week away from our hack desks for a change.
After 90 minutes of, let's say, 'open' play, it is estimated the game ended approximately nineteen all.
Indeed, despite my worst fears of old Adidas icons like Zinedine Zidane turning out, it was a suitably amateur affair for me.
What hasn't been amateur today is the hospitality at Adidas' 114 hectare base, adorned with football pitches, a running track, tennis courts and even a barbecue area for warm days.
Still, time to fly back to the UK with my notes, having interviewed CEO Herbert Hainer this afternoon.
Hainer describes his management style as both honest, direct and challenging, all of which would also describe our very own World Cup of journalists.
Some of just-style’s more eagle-eyed readers might have noticed a small change to the menu bar on the homepage: the addition of the word re:source. Yes it might be a small change – but it marks the co...
Over the past week just-style has continued to try to unravel the potential ramifications of Donald Trump’s election as the next president of the United States....
One event dominated the international airwaves last week, and on just-style too we took a closer look at the surprise election of Donald Trump as the 45th president of the United States....
As the Brexit roller-coaster continues to twist and turn, and the US presidential election campaign nears its unpredictable and possibly protectionist end, there's no doubt these events – and the perc...
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Genesco, G-III Apparel, Express
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- EU urged to adopt roadmap for Sri Lanka GSP+ bid
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack