Blog: Kate ‘n’ Calvin...again
Leonie Barrie | 7 April 2006
Well they do say there’s no such thing as bad publicity, and in the case of Kate Moss this certainly seems to be true. From the initial fall-out of photographs supposedly showing the top model snorting cocaine – which resulted in the loss of several lucrative advertising contracts and a spell in rehab – she’s bounced back with gusto. Her most recent signing with Calvin Klein brings her career round full circle, since the designer label helped establish the model as one of the ‘supers’ back in the 1990s.
It’s not that long ago that I sided with those who felt Moss had a duty to set a good example to her fashion fans, but it could also be argued that she’s done just this by successfully facing up to her demons and working hard to rebuild her career.
Over the past month, Donald Trump and his team failed to offer any clear plan to ensure Americans would "Buy American, Hire American" - while the British government's attempts to clarify the specifics...
The Bangladesh government was forced to respond late last week to pressure over its crackdown on labour activists after a number of global brands and retailers, including H&M and Inditex announced pla...
Fresh from their disappointment at seeing the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) free trade deal abandoned last month with an executive order by President Donald Trump, the US apparel and footwear sector...
With the ultimate aim of ensuring all the cotton in its products is sourced sustainably, value clothing retailer Primark is adamant that having a business model focused on offering the lowest prices o...
- Li & Fung eyes speed, innovation & digitalisation
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- 3D CAD comes of age
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Labour rights risk Bangladesh EU trade benefits?
- Apparel group Sae-A opens second school in Haiti
- Hirdaramani to head WFSGI manufacturers committee
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack