Blog: Kate ‘n’ Calvin...again
Leonie Barrie | 7 April 2006
Well they do say there’s no such thing as bad publicity, and in the case of Kate Moss this certainly seems to be true. From the initial fall-out of photographs supposedly showing the top model snorting cocaine – which resulted in the loss of several lucrative advertising contracts and a spell in rehab – she’s bounced back with gusto. Her most recent signing with Calvin Klein brings her career round full circle, since the designer label helped establish the model as one of the ‘supers’ back in the 1990s.
It’s not that long ago that I sided with those who felt Moss had a duty to set a good example to her fashion fans, but it could also be argued that she’s done just this by successfully facing up to her demons and working hard to rebuild her career.
Confirmation that digital supply chains are top of mind for apparel industry executives came last week with the latest plans from global sourcing specialist Li & Fung....
As a barometer of the issues top of mind for apparel sourcing executives, it is hard to beat the annual Prime Source Forum in Hong Kong. ...
Over the past month, Donald Trump and his team failed to offer any clear plan to ensure Americans would "Buy American, Hire American" - while the British government's attempts to clarify the specifics...
The Bangladesh government was forced to respond late last week to pressure over its crackdown on labour activists after a number of global brands and retailers, including H&M and Inditex announced pla...
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts