Blog: Kate ‘n’ Calvin...again
Leonie Barrie | 7 April 2006
Well they do say there’s no such thing as bad publicity, and in the case of Kate Moss this certainly seems to be true. From the initial fall-out of photographs supposedly showing the top model snorting cocaine – which resulted in the loss of several lucrative advertising contracts and a spell in rehab – she’s bounced back with gusto. Her most recent signing with Calvin Klein brings her career round full circle, since the designer label helped establish the model as one of the ‘supers’ back in the 1990s.
It’s not that long ago that I sided with those who felt Moss had a duty to set a good example to her fashion fans, but it could also be argued that she’s done just this by successfully facing up to her demons and working hard to rebuild her career.
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
Welcome back after the holiday break, and from the team here at just-style I’d like to wish all our readers a happy and prosperous New Year....
Apparel sourcing is a complex process built on a mix of location, logistics, lead-time, price, compliance, risk and reliability. And it's in a constant state of flux as retailers, brands and manufactu...
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- "Buy American, Hire American" to guide Trump trade
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- Patagonia launching circular economy platform
- Trump signs order to withdraw from TPP
- UK clothing factory workers paid half minimum wage
- Auditing "in need of reinvention" says new project
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022