Blog: Keeping it in the family
Leonie Barrie | 21 July 2006
Retailer Marks & Spencer has lined up the daughters of George Davies, the founder of its Per Una brand, to run the fashion label when he steps into the role of chairman in August. But instead of flinging around accusations of nepotism, I think it’s an excellent choice. Emma Trayner is currently head of product development and Melanie Davies is head of manufacturing, so between them they already know the Per Una business inside out. They’ve worked closely with their father for many years, and will be in a great position to build the brand. All too often the departure of a figurehead leaves a company floundering until the new boss can make his or her mark. This way, with Emma and Melanie as joint business unit directors of the brand, and George stepping into the new role of chairman, the change should be subtle and seamless.
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
Welcome back after the holiday break, and from the team here at just-style I’d like to wish all our readers a happy and prosperous New Year....
Apparel sourcing is a complex process built on a mix of location, logistics, lead-time, price, compliance, risk and reliability. And it's in a constant state of flux as retailers, brands and manufactu...
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective