Blog: King's Sainsbury's tenure comes to an end
Michelle Russell | 9 July 2014
Justin King will end his decade long tenure as Sainsbury's chief executive today (9 July), as he hands the reigns over to Mike Coupe.
King will bow out as CEO at the group's annual meeting after announcing his resignation back in January.
The focus now will be on whether Coupe is a safe pair of hands for Sainsbury's and whether his focus will turn to the fast-growing area of clothing.
The retailer has been reaping the benefits of the investments it has been making in its clothing division, after it revealed last month that the business had grown at double-digits in the first quarter. The increase in clothing sales have continued to outdo those of its competitors, like Tesco.
It will now be up to Coupe to build on the momentum King has created.
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
Welcome back after the holiday break, and from the team here at just-style I’d like to wish all our readers a happy and prosperous New Year....
Apparel sourcing is a complex process built on a mix of location, logistics, lead-time, price, compliance, risk and reliability. And it's in a constant state of flux as retailers, brands and manufactu...
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- Better compliance "crucial" for Bangladesh growth
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022