Blog: Kohl's show must go on
Leonie Barrie | 19 July 2011
A year is a long time in business, and never more so than when celebrities are involved. So it's not surprising that executives at US department store retailer Kohl's Corp are putting on a brave face ahead of the September launch of a much-hyped clothing line from singer and actress Jennifer Lopez and her husband Marc Anthony - despite news at the weekend that the star couple is to split after seven years of marriage.
Having already invested heavily in licensing fees and in manufacturing the merchandise, Kohl's will be hoping the split is as amicable as the stars claim. Indeed, the retailer is ploughing on, now claiming the Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony brands "have always been positioned as two separate, distinctive collections." Indeed, the stars' separation may even give it scope to ditch one of the lines if sales are disappointing.
But when plans for the exclusive apparel and accessories line were revealed last November, Kohl's heralded the launch as "the first simultaneously designed collections by a celebrity couple." In light of recent events, it may well be the last too.
Some of just-style’s more eagle-eyed readers might have noticed a small change to the menu bar on the homepage: the addition of the word re:source. Yes it might be a small change – but it marks the co...
Over the past week just-style has continued to try to unravel the potential ramifications of Donald Trump’s election as the next president of the United States....
One event dominated the international airwaves last week, and on just-style too we took a closer look at the surprise election of Donald Trump as the 45th president of the United States....
As the Brexit roller-coaster continues to twist and turn, and the US presidential election campaign nears its unpredictable and possibly protectionist end, there's no doubt these events – and the perc...
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack