Blog: Lady Gaga stumbles into fashion
Joe Ayling | 25 June 2010
Poor old Lady 'Pokerface' Gaga has made the gossip pages of most tabloids this week after falling over her leather gown in a pair of ten inch rubber heels.
Hang on though, who gets on a long-haul flight looking like this.
Ever the attention seeker, the American singer has taken the music scene by storm with her edgy stage presence and unorthodox style, and this week's Star Wars-esque flying costume was no exception.
Meanwhile, high street chain Marks and Spencer (M&S) has this week put together a group of lingerie products that emulate the style of Lady Gaga at its stores, under the theme 'Get the Gaga Look'.
There's no doubt Gaga has enough flair and charisma to take the fashion world by storm, but her catwalking might need a little more attention on this evidence.
Confirmation that digital supply chains are top of mind for apparel industry executives came last week with the latest plans from global sourcing specialist Li & Fung....
As a barometer of the issues top of mind for apparel sourcing executives, it is hard to beat the annual Prime Source Forum in Hong Kong. ...
Over the past month, Donald Trump and his team failed to offer any clear plan to ensure Americans would "Buy American, Hire American" - while the British government's attempts to clarify the specifics...
The Bangladesh government was forced to respond late last week to pressure over its crackdown on labour activists after a number of global brands and retailers, including H&M and Inditex announced pla...
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report