Blog: Lady Gaga stumbles into fashion
Joe Ayling | 25 June 2010
Poor old Lady 'Pokerface' Gaga has made the gossip pages of most tabloids this week after falling over her leather gown in a pair of ten inch rubber heels.
Hang on though, who gets on a long-haul flight looking like this.
Ever the attention seeker, the American singer has taken the music scene by storm with her edgy stage presence and unorthodox style, and this week's Star Wars-esque flying costume was no exception.
Meanwhile, high street chain Marks and Spencer (M&S) has this week put together a group of lingerie products that emulate the style of Lady Gaga at its stores, under the theme 'Get the Gaga Look'.
There's no doubt Gaga has enough flair and charisma to take the fashion world by storm, but her catwalking might need a little more attention on this evidence.
Increasing competition for garment sourcing contracts is seeing China not only being challenged by other countries in Asia, but by sub-Saharan African and even Russian suppliers too. And it is pushing...
The monthly minimum wage for workers in Cambodia's textile, garment and footwear sector is set to rise to $153 from January next year, following a vote on the issue last week. The increase marks a ris...
The results of two highly-anticipated initiatives in the sportswear sphere were revealed last week: the launch of Under Armour’s new UAS lifestyle brand and the first pair of running shoes created at ...
The recent bankruptcy of South Korea's Hanjin Shipping, the world's seventh-largest container shipper, at the end of August, has left billions of dollars worth of merchandise in limbo, leaving the fal...
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020