Blog: Lady Gaga stumbles into fashion
Joe Ayling | 25 June 2010
Poor old Lady 'Pokerface' Gaga has made the gossip pages of most tabloids this week after falling over her leather gown in a pair of ten inch rubber heels.
Hang on though, who gets on a long-haul flight looking like this.
Ever the attention seeker, the American singer has taken the music scene by storm with her edgy stage presence and unorthodox style, and this week's Star Wars-esque flying costume was no exception.
Meanwhile, high street chain Marks and Spencer (M&S) has this week put together a group of lingerie products that emulate the style of Lady Gaga at its stores, under the theme 'Get the Gaga Look'.
There's no doubt Gaga has enough flair and charisma to take the fashion world by storm, but her catwalking might need a little more attention on this evidence.
Fresh from their disappointment at seeing the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) free trade deal abandoned last month with an executive order by President Donald Trump, the US apparel and footwear sector...
With the ultimate aim of ensuring all the cotton in its products is sourced sustainably, value clothing retailer Primark is adamant that having a business model focused on offering the lowest prices o...
Last week we marked the inauguration of Donald Trump as the 45th president of the United States by taking a closer look at what's at stake for the textile and apparel trade – especially his promises t...
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- Bangladesh government steps in on labour crackdown
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022