Blog: Levi’s calling
Leonie Barrie | 19 October 2006
It’s probably not the most logical licensing fit for a struggling apparel label, but Levi Strauss’ European arm has signed a deal with Modelabs to design and market a range of mobile phones and accessories under the Levi’s brand in 2007. In a press release, You Nguyen, senior vice president product of the Levi's brand in Europe, explains that “Technology and apparel are a continued focus area for the Levi’s brand.”
But cast your mind back a couple of years. In 2002 we carried a story suggesting it wasn’t so enamoured with this type of technology - launching trousers with a radiation shield in the pockets to protect the wearer from potentially harmful mobile phone radiation.
Some of just-style’s more eagle-eyed readers might have noticed a small change to the menu bar on the homepage: the addition of the word re:source. Yes it might be a small change – but it marks the co...
Over the past week just-style has continued to try to unravel the potential ramifications of Donald Trump’s election as the next president of the United States....
One event dominated the international airwaves last week, and on just-style too we took a closer look at the surprise election of Donald Trump as the 45th president of the United States....
As the Brexit roller-coaster continues to twist and turn, and the US presidential election campaign nears its unpredictable and possibly protectionist end, there's no doubt these events – and the perc...
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- just-style Sourcing Survey – share your thoughts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack