Blog: Levi’s calling
Leonie Barrie | 19 October 2006
It’s probably not the most logical licensing fit for a struggling apparel label, but Levi Strauss’ European arm has signed a deal with Modelabs to design and market a range of mobile phones and accessories under the Levi’s brand in 2007. In a press release, You Nguyen, senior vice president product of the Levi's brand in Europe, explains that “Technology and apparel are a continued focus area for the Levi’s brand.”
But cast your mind back a couple of years. In 2002 we carried a story suggesting it wasn’t so enamoured with this type of technology - launching trousers with a radiation shield in the pockets to protect the wearer from potentially harmful mobile phone radiation.
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
Welcome back after the holiday break, and from the team here at just-style I’d like to wish all our readers a happy and prosperous New Year....
Apparel sourcing is a complex process built on a mix of location, logistics, lead-time, price, compliance, risk and reliability. And it's in a constant state of flux as retailers, brands and manufactu...
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- M&S clothing growth – What the analysts say
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- M&S quality focus finally lifts clothing sales
- Target leads funding for mobile quality inspection
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar