Blog: Levi’s calling
Leonie Barrie | 19 October 2006
It’s probably not the most logical licensing fit for a struggling apparel label, but Levi Strauss’ European arm has signed a deal with Modelabs to design and market a range of mobile phones and accessories under the Levi’s brand in 2007. In a press release, You Nguyen, senior vice president product of the Levi's brand in Europe, explains that “Technology and apparel are a continued focus area for the Levi’s brand.”
But cast your mind back a couple of years. In 2002 we carried a story suggesting it wasn’t so enamoured with this type of technology - launching trousers with a radiation shield in the pockets to protect the wearer from potentially harmful mobile phone radiation.
Confirmation that digital supply chains are top of mind for apparel industry executives came last week with the latest plans from global sourcing specialist Li & Fung....
As a barometer of the issues top of mind for apparel sourcing executives, it is hard to beat the annual Prime Source Forum in Hong Kong. ...
Over the past month, Donald Trump and his team failed to offer any clear plan to ensure Americans would "Buy American, Hire American" - while the British government's attempts to clarify the specifics...
The Bangladesh government was forced to respond late last week to pressure over its crackdown on labour activists after a number of global brands and retailers, including H&M and Inditex announced pla...
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report