Blog: London bombings
Leonie Barrie | 8 July 2005
Many thanks to everyone who's been in touch to check that we're all OK after yesterday's tragic bombings in London. It probably wasn't unexpected that something like this would happen here eventually, but coming the day after the euphoric news that the capital would host the 2012 Olympic Games somehow made it doubly difficult to bear.
The mood in the UK today is obviously still one of shock and grief. But that indomitable British spirit is shining through, and listening to interviews on the radio this-morning it's clear that people are determined to get back to work and not let the terrorists win by disrupting their daily lives. The real irony is that the perpetrators of deplorable acts of violence such as this achieve absolutely nothing; instead, we're more united than ever in our determination to stand up to them.
With the ultimate aim of ensuring all the cotton in its products is sourced sustainably, value clothing retailer Primark is adamant that having a business model focused on offering the lowest prices o...
Last week we marked the inauguration of Donald Trump as the 45th president of the United States by taking a closer look at what's at stake for the textile and apparel trade – especially his promises t...
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Does a hard Brexit mean hard times for UK fashion?
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- Li & Fung dropped from Hang Seng Index
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022