Blog: London bombings
Leonie Barrie | 8 July 2005
Many thanks to everyone who's been in touch to check that we're all OK after yesterday's tragic bombings in London. It probably wasn't unexpected that something like this would happen here eventually, but coming the day after the euphoric news that the capital would host the 2012 Olympic Games somehow made it doubly difficult to bear.
The mood in the UK today is obviously still one of shock and grief. But that indomitable British spirit is shining through, and listening to interviews on the radio this-morning it's clear that people are determined to get back to work and not let the terrorists win by disrupting their daily lives. The real irony is that the perpetrators of deplorable acts of violence such as this achieve absolutely nothing; instead, we're more united than ever in our determination to stand up to them.
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
Welcome back after the holiday break, and from the team here at just-style I’d like to wish all our readers a happy and prosperous New Year....
Apparel sourcing is a complex process built on a mix of location, logistics, lead-time, price, compliance, risk and reliability. And it's in a constant state of flux as retailers, brands and manufactu...
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- NRF 2017 – Retail tech launches and developments
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- JC Penney to roll out hundreds of Nike "shops"
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022