Blog: Low riders and law breakers
Leonie Barrie | 27 April 2004
As if the war in Iraq and other pressing issues such as the state of the economy, health care and education weren’t enough to worry about, a New Orleans lawmaker wants to make it a criminal offence to display boxer shorts and skimpy G-strings in public. Derrick Shepherd, who represents the state of Louisiana, is trying to introduce a bill to ban people who wear trousers “exposing skin or intimate clothing” – punishing offenders with a $500 fine or up to six months in jail.
The mind boggles at the thought of prison cells across the country bursting at the seams with people who'd be found breaking this law. Just how serious Rep Shepherd is remains to be seen, although he’s certainly made a splash in his rookie legislative session. The low-slung look might not be attractive, but it's a style statement and a personal decision - and not one that needs to be monitored by the fashion police.
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
Welcome back after the holiday break, and from the team here at just-style I’d like to wish all our readers a happy and prosperous New Year....
Apparel sourcing is a complex process built on a mix of location, logistics, lead-time, price, compliance, risk and reliability. And it's in a constant state of flux as retailers, brands and manufactu...
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Outlook 2017 – What else is the industry watching?
- Outlook 2017 – Strategies for sourcing success
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- M&S quality focus finally lifts clothing sales
- Sri Lanka on track to regain EU GSP+ benefits
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar