Blog: Luxury leader
Leonie Barrie | 20 April 2006
If you were to try guess the fashion brand wealthy consumers would consider most prestigious, what would it be? Hermes perhaps? Or how about Armani? Well it’s neither of these two according to a survey carried out by the Luxury Institute. Instead, Bottega Veneta beats them hands-down, scoring highest in the rankings for its attributes such as quality, uniqueness and exclusivity. But its relatively low awareness level suggests there’s still tremendous potential for this classic Italian label, which is good news for its parent, Gucci Group.
The Luxury Group says it’s the “brand most used by people who are admired and respected, and the brand most able to make its customers feel special.” No surprise then that it was also rated the most worthy of a significant price premium.
Fashion retailer H&M and UK based glove and leather manufacturer Pittards both say they are monitoring the situation in Ethiopia closely after the country's government declared a state of emergency af...
Increasing competition for garment sourcing contracts is seeing China not only being challenged by other countries in Asia, but by sub-Saharan African and even Russian suppliers too. And it is pushing...
The monthly minimum wage for workers in Cambodia's textile, garment and footwear sector is set to rise to $153 from January next year, following a vote on the issue last week. The increase marks a ris...
The results of two highly-anticipated initiatives in the sportswear sphere were revealed last week: the launch of Under Armour’s new UAS lifestyle brand and the first pair of running shoes created at ...
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- US Q3 in brief - Under Armour, VF Corp, Skechers
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020