Blog: Made In EU
Leonie Barrie | 4 February 2004
Can you imagine Scottish cashmere or French perfume simply labelled ‘Made in EU’? It’s one of the latest ideas being mulled by the European Commission in its drive to throw out national identities and position the EU as a global entity. But not surprisingly, it hasn’t been welcomed with open arms and here in the UK trade minister Mike O'Brien has rejected the suggestion outright, arguing that consumers, producers and retailers want specific information on the origin of goods. Any such move would also be marketing madness for companies that rely on their national reputation to differentiate their products – like fashion with a Made in Italy tag.
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
Welcome back after the holiday break, and from the team here at just-style I’d like to wish all our readers a happy and prosperous New Year....
Apparel sourcing is a complex process built on a mix of location, logistics, lead-time, price, compliance, risk and reliability. And it's in a constant state of flux as retailers, brands and manufactu...
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022