Blog: Masking Christmas
Leonie Barrie | 12 December 2003
Like most people I get desperate - or should that be creative - when it comes to choosing Christmas presents. Equally, I'm not one of those organised shoppers who start buying next Christmas's gifts in the January sales, and have all their presents wrapped and tagged by October. So a request that landed in my in-box this-morning made me realise that despite these shortcomings I operate in a different league to some people. Here's a taste of what it said:
"I was wondering if you could help me find a Christmas gift I would really like to get someone. I have searched everywhere for a Burberry designer face mask - the ones people were using during the SARS scare. I know they were only imitation (I found this out after I called Burberry's head office in the UK) and I have searched the web over trying to find them with no luck. I don't know if you are the one who might be able to help me and if you aren't, do you know someone who could?"
Now we always do our best to help our readers, but this one has me stumped. I remember that fake designer masks were one of the spin-offs of the SARS scare in China and Hong Kong, but as for a stockist...or a Christmas present? If anyone has any ideas please let me know!
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
Welcome back after the holiday break, and from the team here at just-style I’d like to wish all our readers a happy and prosperous New Year....
Apparel sourcing is a complex process built on a mix of location, logistics, lead-time, price, compliance, risk and reliability. And it's in a constant state of flux as retailers, brands and manufactu...
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- "Buy American, Hire American" to guide Trump trade
- Ten retail trends to watch for in 2017
- Trump signs order to withdraw from TPP
- UK clothing factory workers paid half minimum wage
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- Patagonia launching circular economy platform
- Auditing "in need of reinvention" says new project
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022