Blog: Masking Christmas
Leonie Barrie | 12 December 2003
Like most people I get desperate - or should that be creative - when it comes to choosing Christmas presents. Equally, I'm not one of those organised shoppers who start buying next Christmas's gifts in the January sales, and have all their presents wrapped and tagged by October. So a request that landed in my in-box this-morning made me realise that despite these shortcomings I operate in a different league to some people. Here's a taste of what it said:
"I was wondering if you could help me find a Christmas gift I would really like to get someone. I have searched everywhere for a Burberry designer face mask - the ones people were using during the SARS scare. I know they were only imitation (I found this out after I called Burberry's head office in the UK) and I have searched the web over trying to find them with no luck. I don't know if you are the one who might be able to help me and if you aren't, do you know someone who could?"
Now we always do our best to help our readers, but this one has me stumped. I remember that fake designer masks were one of the spin-offs of the SARS scare in China and Hong Kong, but as for a stockist...or a Christmas present? If anyone has any ideas please let me know!
Confirmation that digital supply chains are top of mind for apparel industry executives came last week with the latest plans from global sourcing specialist Li & Fung....
As a barometer of the issues top of mind for apparel sourcing executives, it is hard to beat the annual Prime Source Forum in Hong Kong. ...
Over the past month, Donald Trump and his team failed to offer any clear plan to ensure Americans would "Buy American, Hire American" - while the British government's attempts to clarify the specifics...
The Bangladesh government was forced to respond late last week to pressure over its crackdown on labour activists after a number of global brands and retailers, including H&M and Inditex announced pla...
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Investment continues in Ethiopia clothing sector
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Start-ups chosen to re-think fashion industry
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts