Blog: Masking Christmas
Leonie Barrie | 12 December 2003
Like most people I get desperate - or should that be creative - when it comes to choosing Christmas presents. Equally, I'm not one of those organised shoppers who start buying next Christmas's gifts in the January sales, and have all their presents wrapped and tagged by October. So a request that landed in my in-box this-morning made me realise that despite these shortcomings I operate in a different league to some people. Here's a taste of what it said:
"I was wondering if you could help me find a Christmas gift I would really like to get someone. I have searched everywhere for a Burberry designer face mask - the ones people were using during the SARS scare. I know they were only imitation (I found this out after I called Burberry's head office in the UK) and I have searched the web over trying to find them with no luck. I don't know if you are the one who might be able to help me and if you aren't, do you know someone who could?"
Now we always do our best to help our readers, but this one has me stumped. I remember that fake designer masks were one of the spin-offs of the SARS scare in China and Hong Kong, but as for a stockist...or a Christmas present? If anyone has any ideas please let me know!
Some of just-style’s more eagle-eyed readers might have noticed a small change to the menu bar on the homepage: the addition of the word re:source. Yes it might be a small change – but it marks the co...
Over the past week just-style has continued to try to unravel the potential ramifications of Donald Trump’s election as the next president of the United States....
One event dominated the international airwaves last week, and on just-style too we took a closer look at the surprise election of Donald Trump as the 45th president of the United States....
As the Brexit roller-coaster continues to twist and turn, and the US presidential election campaign nears its unpredictable and possibly protectionist end, there's no doubt these events – and the perc...
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack