Blog: Microsoft softwear
Leonie Barrie | 12 March 2009
Computer nerds are hardly the best ambassadors of fashion – unless of course you happen to be a fan of ‘geek chic’. But this is exactly what IT giant Microsoft seems to be hoping for from its just-launched clothing line with US rapper Common.
Tapping into the nostalgia “of when PCs were just starting to change our lives,” the line’s retro logos, classic photos (including a mug shot of chief-geek Bill Gates) – “showcase the DOS days of the software company.”
And if it can appeal to just a fraction of the billion people who currently use its products, then the firm must surely be onto a winner. It’s almost worth buying for the name alone...wait for it...'Softwear by Microsoft.'
Confirmation that digital supply chains are top of mind for apparel industry executives came last week with the latest plans from global sourcing specialist Li & Fung....
As a barometer of the issues top of mind for apparel sourcing executives, it is hard to beat the annual Prime Source Forum in Hong Kong. ...
Over the past month, Donald Trump and his team failed to offer any clear plan to ensure Americans would "Buy American, Hire American" - while the British government's attempts to clarify the specifics...
The Bangladesh government was forced to respond late last week to pressure over its crackdown on labour activists after a number of global brands and retailers, including H&M and Inditex announced pla...
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts