Blog: Microsoft softwear
Leonie Barrie | 12 March 2009
Computer nerds are hardly the best ambassadors of fashion – unless of course you happen to be a fan of ‘geek chic’. But this is exactly what IT giant Microsoft seems to be hoping for from its just-launched clothing line with US rapper Common.
Tapping into the nostalgia “of when PCs were just starting to change our lives,” the line’s retro logos, classic photos (including a mug shot of chief-geek Bill Gates) – “showcase the DOS days of the software company.”
And if it can appeal to just a fraction of the billion people who currently use its products, then the firm must surely be onto a winner. It’s almost worth buying for the name alone...wait for it...'Softwear by Microsoft.'
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
Welcome back after the holiday break, and from the team here at just-style I’d like to wish all our readers a happy and prosperous New Year....
Apparel sourcing is a complex process built on a mix of location, logistics, lead-time, price, compliance, risk and reliability. And it's in a constant state of flux as retailers, brands and manufactu...
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- Better compliance "crucial" for Bangladesh growth
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022