Blog: Miniskirt alert in Uganda
Joe Ayling | 18 September 2008
A Ugandan politician has identified a new type of road hazard in the African country - in the form of a miniskirt.
According to a report by the BBC, Uganda's ethics and integrity minister Nsaba Buturo says that a growing number of women wearing miniskirts are distracting "mentally weak" drivers there and causing accidents.
"What's wrong with a miniskirt? You can cause an accident because some of our people are weak mentally," he is quoted as saying.
Buturo's comments triggered laughter amongst Ugandan press, and journalists in the just-style office were equally amused at the miniskirt madness.
After all, surely there's an argument they contribute to the scenery?
By Joe Ayling, news editor.
Confirmation that digital supply chains are top of mind for apparel industry executives came last week with the latest plans from global sourcing specialist Li & Fung....
As a barometer of the issues top of mind for apparel sourcing executives, it is hard to beat the annual Prime Source Forum in Hong Kong. ...
Over the past month, Donald Trump and his team failed to offer any clear plan to ensure Americans would "Buy American, Hire American" - while the British government's attempts to clarify the specifics...
The Bangladesh government was forced to respond late last week to pressure over its crackdown on labour activists after a number of global brands and retailers, including H&M and Inditex announced pla...
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective