Blog: Miniskirt alert in Uganda
Joe Ayling | 18 September 2008
A Ugandan politician has identified a new type of road hazard in the African country - in the form of a miniskirt.
According to a report by the BBC, Uganda's ethics and integrity minister Nsaba Buturo says that a growing number of women wearing miniskirts are distracting "mentally weak" drivers there and causing accidents.
"What's wrong with a miniskirt? You can cause an accident because some of our people are weak mentally," he is quoted as saying.
Buturo's comments triggered laughter amongst Ugandan press, and journalists in the just-style office were equally amused at the miniskirt madness.
After all, surely there's an argument they contribute to the scenery?
By Joe Ayling, news editor.
Some of just-style’s more eagle-eyed readers might have noticed a small change to the menu bar on the homepage: the addition of the word re:source. Yes it might be a small change – but it marks the co...
Over the past week just-style has continued to try to unravel the potential ramifications of Donald Trump’s election as the next president of the United States....
One event dominated the international airwaves last week, and on just-style too we took a closer look at the surprise election of Donald Trump as the 45th president of the United States....
As the Brexit roller-coaster continues to twist and turn, and the US presidential election campaign nears its unpredictable and possibly protectionist end, there's no doubt these events – and the perc...
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack