Blog: More money than sense?
Leonie Barrie | 2 July 2010
R.Jewels Diamond Edition suit
I can think of plenty of things I'd buy if I had around GBP600,000 to spare, but I'm pretty certain a suit wouldn't be one of them. Tailor Richard Jewels obviously thinks differently, and is clearly banking on demand for what must surely be the world's most expensive suit.
With an eye-watering GBP599,000 (US$910,000) price tag the cashmere, wool and silk two-piece took 600 man hours to create - that's GBP1000 an hour - and has been embellished by jeweller Stuart Hughes with 480 diamonds. Only three are being made.
"I hope to establish a luxury brand that will not only capture the eyes but the hearts of the consumers," Jewels said. He's promising unrivalled customer service and all-expenses paid trips to luxury destinations such as the Arc en Ciel in St Lucia as part of the package. But if you've got that sort of money to spend on a suit I'd have thought you'd already have your own Caribbean island by now.
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
Welcome back after the holiday break, and from the team here at just-style I’d like to wish all our readers a happy and prosperous New Year....
Apparel sourcing is a complex process built on a mix of location, logistics, lead-time, price, compliance, risk and reliability. And it's in a constant state of flux as retailers, brands and manufactu...
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022