Blog: M&S succession plans?
Leonie Barrie | 25 April 2007
A string of high level appointments at Marks & Spencer today is being seen as evidence that the retailer is testing out potential successors to chief executive Stuart Rose, who has indicated he may step down by May 2009. Instead of one clear successor, it currently looks like a three-horse race between Stuart Esom, the new director of food; Carl Leaver as director of international business; and head of retail Guy Farrant. Of course M&S isn’t letting on, saying that the new senior team will guide the company’s next growth phase. But we all know the stakes are much higher than that.
Some of just-style’s more eagle-eyed readers might have noticed a small change to the menu bar on the homepage: the addition of the word re:source. Yes it might be a small change – but it marks the co...
Over the past week just-style has continued to try to unravel the potential ramifications of Donald Trump’s election as the next president of the United States....
One event dominated the international airwaves last week, and on just-style too we took a closer look at the surprise election of Donald Trump as the 45th president of the United States....
As the Brexit roller-coaster continues to twist and turn, and the US presidential election campaign nears its unpredictable and possibly protectionist end, there's no doubt these events – and the perc...
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack