Blog: M&S unveils new magazine style website
Katie Smith | 19 February 2014
The website promises to be "brighter, bolder, better"
Retailer Marks & Spencer has unveiled its new magazine style website, promising to be "brighter, bolder, better" with a raft of new ideas and inspiration for its customers.
The company, which is working to make online an important part of its business, has introduced outfit suggestions for different occasions, with larger product images, as well as more video content and detailed information on each item.
M&S will be hoping the new design freshens up its clothing business, which suffered yet another decline in sales in the third quarter.
Like-for-like general merchandise sales - which include clothing and footwear - fell 2.1% during the 13 weeks to 28 December, while total general merchandise sales slipped 1.1%.
Analysts have questioned how successful M&S' general merchandise strategy is, noting the pace of change for clothing needs to go "further and faster".
Continuing our look at what lies ahead for the apparel industry and its supply chain in 2017, the panel of industry experts consulted by just-style last week tackled likely shifts in the sourcing land...
This week our focus turns to first thoughts from a panel of industry experts consulted by just-style on the challenges and opportunities likely to face the apparel supply chain in 2017, with prospects...
Welcome back after the holiday break, and from the team here at just-style I’d like to wish all our readers a happy and prosperous New Year....
Apparel sourcing is a complex process built on a mix of location, logistics, lead-time, price, compliance, risk and reliability. And it's in a constant state of flux as retailers, brands and manufactu...
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Outlook 2017 – What else is the industry watching?
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- M&S quality focus finally lifts clothing sales
- Sri Lanka on track to regain EU GSP+ benefits
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar