Blog: M&S unveils new magazine style website
Katie Smith | 19 February 2014
The website promises to be "brighter, bolder, better"
Retailer Marks & Spencer has unveiled its new magazine style website, promising to be "brighter, bolder, better" with a raft of new ideas and inspiration for its customers.
The company, which is working to make online an important part of its business, has introduced outfit suggestions for different occasions, with larger product images, as well as more video content and detailed information on each item.
M&S will be hoping the new design freshens up its clothing business, which suffered yet another decline in sales in the third quarter.
Like-for-like general merchandise sales - which include clothing and footwear - fell 2.1% during the 13 weeks to 28 December, while total general merchandise sales slipped 1.1%.
Analysts have questioned how successful M&S' general merchandise strategy is, noting the pace of change for clothing needs to go "further and faster".
Some of just-style’s more eagle-eyed readers might have noticed a small change to the menu bar on the homepage: the addition of the word re:source. Yes it might be a small change – but it marks the co...
Over the past week just-style has continued to try to unravel the potential ramifications of Donald Trump’s election as the next president of the United States....
The European Union (EU) is being urged to adopt a roadmap for Sri Lanka with time-bound measures to comply with core labour conventions before it can regain GSP+ beneficiary status. ...
One event dominated the international airwaves last week, and on just-style too we took a closer look at the surprise election of Donald Trump as the 45th president of the United States....
As the Brexit roller-coaster continues to twist and turn, and the US presidential election campaign nears its unpredictable and possibly protectionist end, there's no doubt these events – and the perc...
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Mexico makers bullish on Trump's proposed tariffs
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Throwaway fast fashion model needs re-think
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack