Blog: New casual shoes put a spring in your step
Katie Smith | 30 October 2014
Each shoe contains 34 10mm high micro pocket springs
A suspension system similar to that used in cars has been built into a new casual pocket sprung shoe.
Springurus have micro pocket springs built into the midsole, taking pressure off the joints much like the suspension on a car, according to founder Jono Black.
Each pair of shoes contains 34 10mm high micro pocket springs, which are precision placed and pre-compressed in their fabric pockets by an ultrasonic welding process. Other shoes, Black says, provide a cushioning or ‘damping' effect by using EVA (ethylene vinyl acetate) in the midsole to reduce impact on the foot while walking or running.
However Springurus' midsole construction deploys a ‘spring and damper' arrangement like a car suspension system, which Jim Richards, Professor of Biomechanics at the University of Central Lancashire describes as a "a much more efficient arrangement".
Fashion retailer H&M and UK based glove and leather manufacturer Pittards both say they are monitoring the situation in Ethiopia closely after the country's government declared a state of emergency af...
TexBase, a developer of cloud-based software for the apparel and textile industries, has launched its 2016 fall version that it says delivers increased productivity and a superior user experience....
Increasing competition for garment sourcing contracts is seeing China not only being challenged by other countries in Asia, but by sub-Saharan African and even Russian suppliers too. And it is pushing...
US outdoor brand Patagonia has implemented an ecommerce platform to help it achieve higher levels of efficiency for sales process management and enterprise resource planning (ERP) integration, in keep...
The monthly minimum wage for workers in Cambodia's textile, garment and footwear sector is set to rise to $153 from January next year, following a vote on the issue last week. The increase marks a ris...
Majestic Athletic, a manufacturer of performance athletic apparel and outerwear, has been awarded the Sustainable Green Printing (SPG) Partnership certification for its primary apparel printing facili...
The results of two highly-anticipated initiatives in the sportswear sphere were revealed last week: the launch of Under Armour’s new UAS lifestyle brand and the first pair of running shoes created at ...
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Primark sourcing chief Gordon steps down
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020