Blog: New casual shoes put a spring in your step
Katie Smith | 30 October 2014
Each shoe contains 34 10mm high micro pocket springs
A suspension system similar to that used in cars has been built into a new casual pocket sprung shoe.
Springurus have micro pocket springs built into the midsole, taking pressure off the joints much like the suspension on a car, according to founder Jono Black.
Each pair of shoes contains 34 10mm high micro pocket springs, which are precision placed and pre-compressed in their fabric pockets by an ultrasonic welding process. Other shoes, Black says, provide a cushioning or ‘damping' effect by using EVA (ethylene vinyl acetate) in the midsole to reduce impact on the foot while walking or running.
However Springurus' midsole construction deploys a ‘spring and damper' arrangement like a car suspension system, which Jim Richards, Professor of Biomechanics at the University of Central Lancashire describes as a "a much more efficient arrangement".
Top stories this week on just-style include a warning from Myanmar apparel makers that a ban on moving lorries through Yangon has placed a heavy logistical burden on the country's clothing sector, the...
Confirmation that digital supply chains are top of mind for apparel industry executives came last week with the latest plans from global sourcing specialist Li & Fung....
As a barometer of the issues top of mind for apparel sourcing executives, it is hard to beat the annual Prime Source Forum in Hong Kong. ...
Over the past month, Donald Trump and his team failed to offer any clear plan to ensure Americans would "Buy American, Hire American" - while the British government's attempts to clarify the specifics...
The following is a round-up of apparel and footwear news from the world's local media....
The Bangladesh government was forced to respond late last week to pressure over its crackdown on labour activists after a number of global brands and retailers, including H&M and Inditex announced pla...
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Investment continues in Ethiopia clothing sector
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts