Blog: New casual shoes put a spring in your step
Katie Smith | 30 October 2014
Each shoe contains 34 10mm high micro pocket springs
A suspension system similar to that used in cars has been built into a new casual pocket sprung shoe.
Springurus have micro pocket springs built into the midsole, taking pressure off the joints much like the suspension on a car, according to founder Jono Black.
Each pair of shoes contains 34 10mm high micro pocket springs, which are precision placed and pre-compressed in their fabric pockets by an ultrasonic welding process. Other shoes, Black says, provide a cushioning or ‘damping' effect by using EVA (ethylene vinyl acetate) in the midsole to reduce impact on the foot while walking or running.
However Springurus' midsole construction deploys a ‘spring and damper' arrangement like a car suspension system, which Jim Richards, Professor of Biomechanics at the University of Central Lancashire describes as a "a much more efficient arrangement".
Some of just-style’s more eagle-eyed readers might have noticed a small change to the menu bar on the homepage: the addition of the word re:source. Yes it might be a small change – but it marks the co...
Over the past week just-style has continued to try to unravel the potential ramifications of Donald Trump’s election as the next president of the United States....
Top stories this week on just-style include a look at why modern robotics eludes sportswear makers, why traditional financing is a misfit for fashion, and an interview with the CEO of Israel-based tai...
One event dominated the international airwaves last week, and on just-style too we took a closer look at the surprise election of Donald Trump as the 45th president of the United States....
The following is a round-up of apparel and footwear news from the world's local media....
As the Brexit roller-coaster continues to twist and turn, and the US presidential election campaign nears its unpredictable and possibly protectionist end, there's no doubt these events – and the perc...
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack