Blog: New Look screens reality fashion show
Joe Ayling | 2 June 2011
UK value fashion chain New Look is running a television series to scout for a cutting edge stylist.
The soaring popularity of reality television in recent years suggests that New Look will enjoy a flurry of exposure for its collections on the back of it too.
The new series, called New Look Style the Nation, will begin this weekend and is hosted by Channel 4's Nick Grimshaw. It will also feature New Look creative director Barbara Horspool, designer Giles Deacon and a guest panelist for the week.
New Look Style the Nation will take to the road offering participants GBP300 (US$490)to come up with outfits from New Look's fashion ranges. Shoppers can also take part online by dressing a virtual mannequin on the New Look website.
Personally, I find that wearing full outfits bought from the same fashion retailer feels somewhat uninspiring, so the challenge is on for budding designers to mix and match within four walls only.
Fashion retailer H&M and UK based glove and leather manufacturer Pittards both say they are monitoring the situation in Ethiopia closely after the country's government declared a state of emergency af...
Increasing competition for garment sourcing contracts is seeing China not only being challenged by other countries in Asia, but by sub-Saharan African and even Russian suppliers too. And it is pushing...
The monthly minimum wage for workers in Cambodia's textile, garment and footwear sector is set to rise to $153 from January next year, following a vote on the issue last week. The increase marks a ris...
The results of two highly-anticipated initiatives in the sportswear sphere were revealed last week: the launch of Under Armour’s new UAS lifestyle brand and the first pair of running shoes created at ...
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020