Blog: New Look screens reality fashion show
Joe Ayling | 2 June 2011
UK value fashion chain New Look is running a television series to scout for a cutting edge stylist.
The soaring popularity of reality television in recent years suggests that New Look will enjoy a flurry of exposure for its collections on the back of it too.
The new series, called New Look Style the Nation, will begin this weekend and is hosted by Channel 4's Nick Grimshaw. It will also feature New Look creative director Barbara Horspool, designer Giles Deacon and a guest panelist for the week.
New Look Style the Nation will take to the road offering participants GBP300 (US$490)to come up with outfits from New Look's fashion ranges. Shoppers can also take part online by dressing a virtual mannequin on the New Look website.
Personally, I find that wearing full outfits bought from the same fashion retailer feels somewhat uninspiring, so the challenge is on for budding designers to mix and match within four walls only.
Confirmation that digital supply chains are top of mind for apparel industry executives came last week with the latest plans from global sourcing specialist Li & Fung....
As a barometer of the issues top of mind for apparel sourcing executives, it is hard to beat the annual Prime Source Forum in Hong Kong. ...
Over the past month, Donald Trump and his team failed to offer any clear plan to ensure Americans would "Buy American, Hire American" - while the British government's attempts to clarify the specifics...
The Bangladesh government was forced to respond late last week to pressure over its crackdown on labour activists after a number of global brands and retailers, including H&M and Inditex announced pla...
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report