Blog: New Look screens reality fashion show
Joe Ayling | 2 June 2011
UK value fashion chain New Look is running a television series to scout for a cutting edge stylist.
The soaring popularity of reality television in recent years suggests that New Look will enjoy a flurry of exposure for its collections on the back of it too.
The new series, called New Look Style the Nation, will begin this weekend and is hosted by Channel 4's Nick Grimshaw. It will also feature New Look creative director Barbara Horspool, designer Giles Deacon and a guest panelist for the week.
New Look Style the Nation will take to the road offering participants GBP300 (US$490)to come up with outfits from New Look's fashion ranges. Shoppers can also take part online by dressing a virtual mannequin on the New Look website.
Personally, I find that wearing full outfits bought from the same fashion retailer feels somewhat uninspiring, so the challenge is on for budding designers to mix and match within four walls only.
Some of just-style’s more eagle-eyed readers might have noticed a small change to the menu bar on the homepage: the addition of the word re:source. Yes it might be a small change – but it marks the co...
Over the past week just-style has continued to try to unravel the potential ramifications of Donald Trump’s election as the next president of the United States....
One event dominated the international airwaves last week, and on just-style too we took a closer look at the surprise election of Donald Trump as the 45th president of the United States....
As the Brexit roller-coaster continues to twist and turn, and the US presidential election campaign nears its unpredictable and possibly protectionist end, there's no doubt these events – and the perc...
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- US Q3 in brief – Genesco, G-III Apparel, Express
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack