Blog: Niffy knickers
Leonie Barrie | 23 March 2006
The Brits seem to have some strange habits when it comes to cleanliness if the findings of a new survey are to be believed. Apparently one in 10 of us wear our underwear for three days in a row, while a similar percentage has owned a pair of knickers or underpants for more than 10 years.
Perhaps most startling is the fact that 5% of the population say they wear their briefs inside out to get an extra day’s wear. I certainly won’t be looking at my friends and colleagues in the same way from now on! Not surprisingly the research was sponsored by a soap company…but if the results are truly unbiased then it seems we have a lot to learn in the pants’ department.
Some of just-style’s more eagle-eyed readers might have noticed a small change to the menu bar on the homepage: the addition of the word re:source. Yes it might be a small change – but it marks the co...
Over the past week just-style has continued to try to unravel the potential ramifications of Donald Trump’s election as the next president of the United States....
One event dominated the international airwaves last week, and on just-style too we took a closer look at the surprise election of Donald Trump as the 45th president of the United States....
As the Brexit roller-coaster continues to twist and turn, and the US presidential election campaign nears its unpredictable and possibly protectionist end, there's no doubt these events – and the perc...
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- US Q3 in brief – Sears, Vince Holding, Genesco
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth